Be Quiet! Pushes Further Into Case Market With Dark Base 900 Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
If my be quiet! SB800 is the Mercedes of cases, this is the Maybach of PC cases. No expense was spared German engineering. I can't wait to see a YouTube review.

jasonkaler

Distinguished
"flagship Dark Base family, which currently consists of only one member, the Dark Base 900.
There are two versions of the Dark Base 900; there's a standard version but also a more feature-rich version called the Dark Base Pro 900. "

So in other words, the Dark Base family has two members: The standard version and the more feature-rich version called the Dark Base Pro 900.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I like the Qi charging capability and the tempered glass on the pro version.The case looks very nice overall, I'm looking forward to a review. The new Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX with tempered glass also looks phantastic (see what I did there ;) ) and so far is one of my favorite cases currently out there.

Seems a tad on the expensive side for .08-1mm secc, 1mm aluminum front and top, as well as abs plastic. That said, be quiet seems to have done an exceptional job with their design all the same. I like the standard version, due to preference of metal over windows on a case (no QI charging or rgb strip also preferred). Adding in the 4 pin pwm to mb connection for the non pro version would've been the right thing to do imho. First impression though, looks like be Q has possibly designed its best case yet.

Phuntasm

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
So is it actually quiet? Does it also permit good circulation? It can be made of unobtanium and be delivered by personal jet for all I care. What are it's performance merits?

Bibbily bong

Commendable
May 26, 2016
3kw? Only in parts of the world using 220-240v then! Uk supply is a maximum of 240v @ 13a, usually 230v. 120v @ maximum 15a for the US

Apart from a cluster computer, where would you need 3kw of power?

Bibbily bong

Commendable
May 26, 2016
A 3kw psu might be feasible on uk/European mains (UK is 13a @ 220-240v) but the most you can get from a us supply would be 1.5kw (120v @ 15a).
About 8 years ago I bought a 750w power supply and even when I had the 8800gtx, or a really hot radeon it didn't even top 550w at the wall.

Yes, some people like to stick as many graphics cards as is physically possible into their motherboard but I've always made do with one.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Nice looking case for sure the plain fronts on a lot of the new cases seem to be growing on me. I do like the fact that the front opens up to expose drive bays for those that still use or need them. This case is a little costly but it looks like it is built very well and should be well worth the price.

Simon Anderson

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013
ooo switchable left/right MB plate... The way my desk is I can only really stand a tower on the left hand side, against the wall, so I've never bothered with glass pane case (as I won't see it). Now I kinda wanna replace my corsair carbide with this bad boy hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS