[SOLVED] Be Quiet! System Power 9 600W vs Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650 V2

Oct 27, 2019
Which PSU is better?
Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650 V2 or Be Quiet! System Power 9 600W
My rig has Ryzen 2600, RX 590 and 8 GB DDR4
And budget is around 60 EUR
Or i need to look for something else?? thanks

Solution
The Seasonic Core series GC 650w is probably the better unit, but since there are no reviews it is hard to say because Seasonic has begun outsourcing their budget platforms to RSY, a lower quality chinese manufacturer. Without knowing whether these core series units are being built there as well, like the Seasonic S12III, which is terrible, much like the XFX XT unit that were built by Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology and pretty much tanked the reputation of XFX who was known for using only Seasonic platforms.

Seasonic is a good PSU manufacturer, but not everything made by them or that has their name on it, is necessarily better or even as good as, many other products. As always, MODEL is the determining factor in quality.

In this...
The MWE 650 v2 is probably the better of those two, but neither of them is particularly good. Both are EXTREMELY mediocre, at best.

I would read this, and look to one of the recommended models listed there instead.

Reactions: kruuze
Oct 27, 2019
The MWE 650 v2 is probably the better of those two, but neither of them is particularly good. Both are EXTREMELY mediocre, at best.

I would read this, and look to one of the recommended models listed there instead.

Thanks for that topic. i have a list.
Corsair CX Series 650W
Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650 V2
Seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620W
Be Quiet! System Power 9 600W
So the best option will be the Corsair PSU? the internet research saysthat. its a bit out of my price range, but i will take it if it will be back in stock at my local shop. Or should i choose the Cooler Master? thats my second option,
I know they are not the best, but will see.

Oct 27, 2019
Yes. The CX650w is a much better option than any of those others you have listed.
Thanks for answers, but i cant choose. Its hard. Just now my shop added new PSU. Its Seasonic Core GC 650W.
Did reserach , but didnt find any rewievs. Its better than CX650w ? it has 80+ Gold, and Seasonic is much better manufacturer, right?
Seasonic Core GC 650W 80+Gold -79EUR
CX650w -85 EUR
Corsair TX650M 650W -87EUR (its out of stock, need to wait 28 days)
EVGA Supernova 650W 80PLUS Gold -86 EUR
EVGA has modular cables, but i can live whitout them.
Thats the list now, Budget is ~80 EUR
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
The Seasonic Core series GC 650w is probably the better unit, but since there are no reviews it is hard to say because Seasonic has begun outsourcing their budget platforms to RSY, a lower quality chinese manufacturer. Without knowing whether these core series units are being built there as well, like the Seasonic S12III, which is terrible, much like the XFX XT unit that were built by Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology and pretty much tanked the reputation of XFX who was known for using only Seasonic platforms.

Seasonic is a good PSU manufacturer, but not everything made by them or that has their name on it, is necessarily better or even as good as, many other products. As always, MODEL is the determining factor in quality.

In this case, I'd LIKE to say the Seasonic is the better choice, but without having any factual information based on a professional review, I simply can't. The CX650 I at least know is halfway decent, even though it's not a fantastic model.

If you want something undoubtedly good, and can afford it, then find a Corsair TX, HX, RMx, RMi or RM, or AX unit, or a Seasonic Focus, Focus plus or Prime unit, or even a Seasonic G or X series unit, or an Antec High current gamer, True power classic, Earthwatts Gold Pro, Edge or EVGA B2 (NOT B1 or B3), G2, G3, (NOT G5), P2 or T2 unit. FSP Hydro G and Hydro X are also good. Rosewill Capstone M series are good. Stick to one of those units and you'll have at least a very decent or in some cases exceptional power supply.

If those are not available or you cannot afford them, then the gray label Corsair CX and CXm units, generally specified as either 2015 or 2017 models, are better than just about anything else you will find at the same price point. In a pinch, the Seasonic S12II (NOT S12III) and M12II 620w models are acceptable even though they are an outdated design that lacks some modern protections and are group regulated which could be an issue on Haswell or newer Intel platforms. Easily solved by turning off the C6/C7 low power states in the BIOS but still old designs that are best avoided unless they are the best of what's available in a given region, and sometimes they are.

The Seasonic M12II 750 and 850w units, mostly not found anymore, are also good and are not the same platform as the 520w and 620w models.

Reactions: kruuze
Solution
Oct 27, 2019

In this case, I'd LIKE to say the Seasonic is the better choice, but without having any factual information based on a professional review, I simply can't. The CX650 I at least know is halfway decent, even though it's not a fantastic model.

If you want something undoubtedly good, and can afford it, then find a Corsair TX, HX, RMx, RMi or RM, or AX unit, or a Seasonic Focus, Focus plus or Prime unit, or even a Seasonic G or X series unit, or an Antec High current gamer, True power classic, Earthwatts Gold Pro, Edge or EVGA B2 (NOT B1 or B3), G2, G3, (NOT G5), P2 or T2 unit. FSP Hydro G and Hydro X are also good. Rosewill Capstone M series are good. Stick to one of those units and you'll have at least a very decent or in some cases exceptional power supply.

If those are not available or you cannot afford them, then the gray label Corsair CX and CXm units, generally specified as either 2015 or 2017 models, are better than just about anything else you will find at the same price point. In a pinch, the Seasonic S12II (NOT S12III) and M12II 620w models are acceptable even though they are an outdated design that lacks some modern protections and are group regulated which could be an issue on Haswell or newer Intel platforms. Easily solved by turning off the C6/C7 low power states in the BIOS but still old designs that are best avoided unless they are the best of what's available in a given region, and sometimes they are.

The Seasonic M12II 750 and 850w units, mostly not found anymore, are also good and are not the same platform as the 520w and 620w models.
Just bought TX650M of price of cx650. Thanks for replying

TRENDING THREADS