Joe

will a P4 1.7GHz processor work on the BE7II ? I assume it will but the
specs say "Supported CPU: Intel Pentium® 4/Celeron Processors (Northwood P4,
Celeron 2G and higher)" I had the CPU in the BE7 board and I want to
assemble another system but it seems the BE7 has been replaced with the BE7
II. please advise

TIA,
Joe

"Joe" wrote in message...
> will a P4 1.7GHz processor work on the BE7II ?

No. Willamette processors are not supported by this board.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Joe

Thanks for the reply back. The "older" BE7's seem a little difficult to find

"Joe" <whatever@aol.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply back. The "older" BE7's seem a little difficult
> to find

To be honest you may well be better off junking the P4 1.7 and getting
either a cheap Northwood P4 or Celeron.

If you are dead keen to stick with your old CPU, you may have more luck
getting hold of a BD7II series board.