Bearing types of a case fan ?

hamada.lovex3

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Hello all, I need to know what is the difference between hyper-spin bearing and hydraulic bearing?

Actually i need an answer for that issue because i'm really confused between 2 case fans and wanna choose the best of them, so here you are their brands name and model:

Cougar TURBINE Orange 120mm Cooling Fan
VS
Cougar CFD Series Red 120mm LED Fan

Hope for some help, thanks :)

Solution

techphantom

Reputable
Aug 22, 2018
I found this:

Bearing Type: Hyper-spin Bearing
Optimum cooling efficiency & Extremely silent performance; Nine diversion groove blade design; Aero-dynamical design; Hyper-spin bearing for longer life expectancy
-----------------------------------
The hydro-dynamic bearings used make this fan run more smoothly with no friction and increases durability and lifespan as well

Honestly, you wont tell any noticeable difference between the two. Go with whichever is cheaper.

If you want good high end fans, you cant go wrong with Noctua. I also like the Corsiar ML Pro fans as they look a lot better than Noctua.

hamada.lovex3

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

So both bearings are the same, or is there any kind of difference?

Also need to ask if that fan's cooling is fine or not ??

I don't know if the bearings are the same, because it is really not worth the trouble to find out. The performance for both fans are the same. Bearings make noise, better bearing makes less noise.

There is a 1db difference between those two fans, that is within the margin of error for a decibel meter. If both fans are going together, your not gonna say "that fan is 1db louder". They will sound the same. So the type of bearing is really irrelevant.

Both fans have the RPM of 1200. So there is really no difference between the two fans as far as performance goes. Both will cool and sound exactly the same.

If you were buy high performance fans, you may want to consider the bearing type because they will be noticeably quieter. But a 120mm Cougar is not worth the effort do really do any research. Get the fans and be happy. I have a Cougar fan in one of my cases. They are not the best, but solid midrange fans that do everything a fan is supposed to do, which is spin.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS