Question Beast PC drops frames all the time.

Oct 25, 2020
My pc specs are
ASUS GeForce RTX™ 2070 SUPER EVO OC
Intel Core i7-9700K 8-Core 3.6 GHz
NZXT E650 Gold Digital PSU
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 8GB x2
Intel 660p 2TB

Whenever I play any games I lag. I was playing among us with my friends and I couldnt watch youtube on my second monitor without lagging. it isnt my internet speeds as I have tested it and its fine. It lags my whole pc. I reset my pc back to preinstalled windows and it still hasnt improved. I updated all of my drivers, including reinstalling them. Still no improvement. I dont think on overwatch I should be getting 40fps while on the lowest settings. I have dusted my computer and checked all of the connections. the temperatures are fine. they stay around 60-70c. I do play games at 1440p. but I had no problem with that until recently. I havent dont anything different recently. I literally have no idea what could be causing this.

Oct 25, 2020
cpu/gpu temp and usage?
monitor connected to the gpu only?
Just on my desktop without any games running, my gpu percentage is 1-2% and my cpu usage is like 4-8%.
On Overwatch, my vram is at 1300mb. the cpu temp is around 60c. I stay aroujnd 60-70fps at medium settings and I drop frames
very often. my gpu usage is 40-60% while playing. cpu usage stays less than 40%. My ram stats around 50% of 16gb. I hope all of this information is useful. both of my monitors are connected directly to the gpu.

Oct 25, 2020
Is there any issues when you don't use the second monitor? Meaning disconnect it fully. Are both monitors running at the same refresh rate?
Didnt change the issue. I still drop tons of frames. My main monitor is 1440p and 165hz and the second one is 1080p and 144hz. Ive never had a problem with them before. Ive had them both for a couple months and this issue only started like a week ago

Didnt change the issue. I still drop tons of frames. My main monitor is 1440p and 165hz and the second one is 1080p and 144hz. Ive never had a problem with them before. Ive had them both for a couple months and this issue only started like a week ago

This would be a good thing to add to the initial post that the issue started recently, did you check your CPU and GPU usage while the issue was happening? Did you make sure no extra programs were installed after you did a clean Windows setup before you tested again? Did you install the drivers for the motherboard and video card directly from the vendor support sites or did you use some driver utility?

Oct 25, 2020
I did say in my original post that it started recently. I did check the usage while dropping frames, nothing changed. It didn't spike or drop. It was staying nearly the same. There wasn't any other programs that I know of. I installed the update with geforce experience for my graphics card. I dont think I have updated my motherboard recently. I'll try that when I get home and I'll see if it fixes the problem

TRENDING THREADS