Beast PC running slow!?

jacobbustamove

Prominent
May 4, 2017
I recently upgraded my PC to newer parts. I have a AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 8 GB of ram, windows 10, GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gigabyte G1 Gaming 6G edition. Weirdly enough I can't even run h1z1 Kotk without random fps drops from like 50 to 20. I don't know what to do. I even checked other games that I'm suppose to be able to run at high and I lose so much fps even on low. It's funny how my old parts ran games on low no problem. Please help!

Solution

Yes, but you upgraded your computer, so you don't want to use a factory reset disk since that would be for the old setup.

What did you upgrade anyway and from what? You are missing quite a bit of details about the issue. If you swapped...
What motherboard and power supply do you have? Have you checked temps? Do you have onboard video on the motherboard? If you do, is the video cable on that or the nVidia card? Did you try a clean Windows setup or at least wiping the drivers for the video card and re-installing?

jacobbustamove

Prominent
May 4, 2017

Uhhh I have a CORSAIR CX series CX750 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply. Not sure bout the motherboard. So i'm guessing a clean windows setup is just factory resetting my pc?

Yes, but you upgraded your computer, so you don't want to use a factory reset disk since that would be for the old setup.

What did you upgrade anyway and from what? You are missing quite a bit of details about the issue. If you swapped motherboards you need to do a clean Windows setup.

Solution