Beats and HTC to Part Ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitlope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Too bad they have spiked the bass to make it sound "badass". Not an accurate headphone at all and the price is much too high.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
My HTC One X came with free Beats earbuds. It said in the package they cost over 100$.

After trying them, i send them back to the box and kept my "cheapo" Sennheiser CX-300 II.

I say good riddance.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I have 24 dollar sennheiser headphones that sound better and saved me 475 dollars. Beats headphones just suck I wouldnt even take a free pair they suck that bad. I hope they go under. Not like Dr. Dre needs more money or anything.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

No sound quality or price info on why you hate them? This quote makes you seem like you hate the headphones because of "black people". Choose your wording a little better on the internet. It could make you seem one way when your not.

Black people are the majority wearing them from my every day observations, I've seen at least 20 black people waring them in the last month alone.

If you thought that was racist, what I said, it's only racist because you made it out to be racist.

This is a comments section, not an article reviewing beat headphones, anyone who uses audiophile headphones should already know beats are garbage trendy fashion products.

I use Audio-Technica, Sennheiser, and Grado headphones, not hyped up inaccurate bass heavy flimsy garbage.

mcgee101

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Would rather purchase a bose headset or speaker system instead. I heard one of the $250 headphone system and yeah I think it is a overpriced sony headset.

phalanxes

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
No, Iovine...
Music degraded because you embraced mp3 compression
Heck.. Even old vinyl record is still better than most of the cds nowadays

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

Sorry about that bro. I wasn't trying to imply you were racist. If someone used,"Good god, I hate BMW, I always see white people driving them too." It isn't racist to me but kinda unnecessary to discredit something. Again, sorry about that if I offended you. I didn't intend to.

I agree Beats do seem to target black males. My friends hold them to the highest standard when talking about audio quality. I've mentioned a couple of brands you used to them (Sennheisers is the brand I'm rocking right now) for a better sound experience and price. They will learn to hear their music one day. They do love bass though... lol

Not offended at all, but people are too sensitive and childish these days about that racial stuff.

Anyways. A good chunk of blacks tend to like the bass, just a cultural thing because they like that type of music, and they are advertised by that Dre guy, I find the whole thing stupid. I like bass in my audio, but when I tried those beat headphones I was like "holy crap, that's to much" and I couldn't hear any details in music very clear at all. The beat headphones also feel incredibly cheap, like 15$ headphones, tacky. I wouldn't have a problem if they sold for like 40 bucks, but 200, 300, hell no! For 300 I'd rather buy a Sennheiser HD 598 or similar.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Good riddance, HTC. I was in an audiophile store a few months ago. Tried everything from $50 to $2000 - Bose, Sennheiser, AKG, Audio-technica, Beyerdynamic (loved the Custom One Pro but couldn't afford it, sadly)... they didn't have Bang & Olufsen xD Anyway, I did try the Beats for the first time - I knew they were overhyped, but I didn't know that it was THAT bad. Uncomfortable (press ON your ears, while all good headphones go AROUND ears), lame sound quality, stupid design... oh, and did someone say they have a lot of bass? Not they don't. Razer Kraken which I bought after all (inb4 audiophiles bashing Razer: for me they were the best value for money over all other headphones in that price range, so I'm happy - they're extremely comfortable and sound great, just wish I bought the Pro version with its awesome mic), THAT has bass. Beats got nothing.

Funniest thing was when I asked the salesman "Do you have ANY *bad* headphones around here?!" right after being trying some awesome $1000 headphones.

His answer?

"Yeah, we do, Beats."

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Beats is crap anyway. HTC is better off without them.

Speaking of which, the Sol Republic Jax headphones are crap too. Why do people think boosting the hell out of the lows and highs makes music sound good?

Give me a set of headphones with controlled bass, defined mids, and crisp highs any day. Beats and Sol Republic belong in the trash can.

Pretty much. What may sound "good' is subjective to the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.