Jun 20, 2021
Alrighty, so I've recently gotten a PC (Case is Fractal Design Meshify C) and I wanted to use my Beats with them for audio and voice, I was aware the case needed seperate mic/headphone audio 3.5mm inputs so I bought a splitter. The splitter was 4 pole (TRRS) as the headphones I have use this standard. However I can only ever get the headphones to work, never the microphone. Did I buy a bad splitter, or could it be a case issue? (Then again, I tried plugging the splitter into the back to no avail)
Should I just get a USB to TRRS adapter? Or a USB mic?? or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
- Eddy

Solution
Could be a bad splitter, or you are connecting them backwards or not tight enough. I'd test it with another computer and headset.

Also some wireless headphones with a cable can only do the headphone side through the cable not the microphone although if they are 4 pole then it should do the mic as well.
Could be a bad splitter, or you are connecting them backwards or not tight enough. I'd test it with another computer and headset.

Also some wireless headphones with a cable can only do the headphone side through the cable not the microphone although if they are 4 pole then it should do the mic as well.

Solution