Beats Vs. Gaming Headset?

jsav246

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Like the title said I was wondering whether or not a pair of beats with a clip on mic would best a good gaming headset

Solution
^^ Yes, stay away from Beats. They are awful. If you really want a dedicated headset go for some nice monitors like Sony MDR V6, or Audio Technica. With those you would have to use a separate mic though. (personally I think the MDR V6 is the best headphone bang for buck in the world...but that is just my opinion.) To be honest though, if a headset it what you want, then get a good headset. There are some really nice ones out there, and it sure beats trying to use a clip-on mic imo. (I use a nice separate mic...but it is a hassle. Great sound though.)

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

i like your attitude! :D

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
^^ Yes, stay away from Beats. They are awful. If you really want a dedicated headset go for some nice monitors like Sony MDR V6, or Audio Technica. With those you would have to use a separate mic though. (personally I think the MDR V6 is the best headphone bang for buck in the world...but that is just my opinion.) To be honest though, if a headset it what you want, then get a good headset. There are some really nice ones out there, and it sure beats trying to use a clip-on mic imo. (I use a nice separate mic...but it is a hassle. Great sound though.)

Solution

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

you dont need a soundcard, just plug them into the mic jack

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Yeah, unless you are going to be editing music or something along those lines, a sound card is probably overkill. I would stick with the onboard sound.

I use a Nady HM-5U Headset Mic, it is fantastic. Great quality for any application. But again, it is a hassle.

If your primary use for this setup is gaming I would stick to a dedicated gaming headset. Far easier and convenient. Like Gallarian said, Corsair Vengeance 1500's are excellent for the money. They also have other models I have heard good things about.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I went through a pare of those. Good sound quality. Just be careful (good long break in before turning the volume up really high), I blew two sets out (totally my fault :p). Really liked them when I had them though.