News Bee GT-R Pro Is a Port-Heavy AMD Ryzen Mini PC in Blue

ron baker

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
It is a very nice machine BUT sadly with the advent of new APU's from AMD (4000) the chip is outpaced. I will wait to see what any new APU's bring ... Not that I need more CPU power, I need better IGPU . That part seems to have stagnated since 2200g/2400G. We need baked to order APU , 4C/16GPU or 6c/10GPU etc etc the variation that YOU want .
Its a dream , I know, but so was Moon-rocketry once.

D

Deleted member 14196

FINE! you MADE me buy one, ok? LOL, can't wait for this Saturday.
@COLGeek what are some other things I can do with it besides gaming and work stuff? what about all this expansion hub stuff? sounds interesting.

my old notebook powered by an AMD A6 APU was complaining today about wanting to retire early... lol

Reactions: USAFRet

COLGeek

Cybernaut
FINE! you MADE me buy one, ok? LOL, can't wait for this Saturday.
@COLGeek what are some other things I can do with it besides gaming and work stuff? what about all this expansion hub stuff? sounds interesting.

my old notebook powered by an AMD A6 APU was complaining today about wanting to retire early... lol
It is just a strong general purpose rig. You'll be amazed by its stature. I haven't done anything with the expansion hub feature.

After you get yours, we can compare notes. @USAFRet has one as well.

D

Deleted member 14196

Well, I got mine last Saturday and it's been a WONDERFUL experience so far. EVERYTHING works so nicely, just the way it should. It's all updated to Windows 10 2004 and so fast and efficient, it's blowing my mind.

The expansion mode is pretty sweet when you plug your phone or tablets into it as well. It also streams my 1080p rips of my BD movies like a super champ. I now need a nice QNAP nas for it

It runs my build vm from work like a super champ too! It also encodes like a champ. I was able to encode a 55 minute episode of a DVD miniseries in about 8 minutes, something that used to take me at least 40 minutes on my anemic A6

For many audio enthusiasts the audio capabilities are a pure joy. It was WORTH every penny!! Big on productivity but very little in physical form. Tons of ports, power efficient and lots of capabilities here, nothing not to like.

I think it's the nicest pc I have ever had. I would buy another, probably will for my college student son. We both game exclusively on XBOX and PS so we don't care about gaming on PC, even though the integrated graphics are pretty nice on this one.

Reactions: COLGeek and USAFRet
Sep 10, 2021
THIS DEVICE DOES NOT SUPPORT TPM AT THIS TIME. Although the processor has TPM support per AMD. The installed BIOS in my unit I just got does NOT SUPPORT TPM enablement. Moreover, the installed Windows 10 instance is blocked by a 'finders international' account creation process that can not be easily by-passed. This seems to be on devices purchased in the UK as well as from Amazon. I got mine from Amazon. Beelink as noted on various sites that it does NOT know anything about such a requirement? Nor does Microsoft know of this issue per references to it in the Microsoft community forms. The review by Tom's DOES NOT WARN OR COMMENT on these issues, i.e. lack of TPM support nor the blocking screen demanding account creation for finders international. Am not happy about these issues and omissions in the review. Unfortunately, I may have to return the device to Amazon unless I can get TPM enabled and remove the finders international blocking screen.
'

TRENDING THREADS