[SOLVED] Been having multiple different BSOD, seemingly out of nowhere, desperate for help

For the past couple days Ive been having multiple BSODS with varying stop codes that I have yet to fully fix. These blue screens have happened while playing games, watching youtube, listening to music, and even twice while just writing this question.
I have crashed so many times that I cannot provide crash dumps for all of them but I'll start off with what I have from Whocrashed

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-AG1CQ3V
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19043
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: ASRock, AB350M Pro4
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 34289422336 bytes (31.9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Wed 9/15/2021 1:18:07 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091521-7859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F71D0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80336ACBC02, 0xFFFFF60E8312BF60, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 9/15/2021 12:59:28 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091521-10203-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F71D0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFA70E9F560F48, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802777F5D91, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 9/15/2021 12:39:25 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091521-8890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (0xFFFFF8043ED028EC)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8043ED028EC, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 9/14/2021 4:26:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091421-6906-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: scpvbus.sys (0xFFFFF8052E97B174)
Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x21F, 0xFFFFF8052E97B174, 0xFFFFDD8C8161AE50, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\scpvbus.sys
product: Scp Virtual Bus Driver
company: Scarlet.Crush Productions
description: Scp Virtual Bus Driver
Bug check description: This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier crashes.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: scpvbus.sys (Scp Virtual Bus Driver, Scarlet.Crush Productions).
Google query: scpvbus.sys Scarlet.Crush Productions DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

On Tue 9/14/2021 4:11:31 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091421-8031-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8012BA9A346)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8012BA9A346, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b8346c359fcd6093\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.96
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.96
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.96 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

In addition to this I'll list all stop codes I've taken pictures of when they happened-
Kernel Security check Failure
Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - nvlddmkm.sys
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - HDAudBus.sys
CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED -nvlddmkm.sys
KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED -dxdmms2.sys
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
- And probably a few more repeats since I didnt take pictures every time it happened

Here's what i tried so far (in order), I've used Snappy Driver installer to update all my drivers except video, I've ran Windows memory diagnostic which found nothing, I've ran chkdsk on the drive i have windows on, I've ran System file check command which fixed a couple files If im remembering correctly but it didnt help much, I have also uninstalled then reinstalled all NVIDIA related drivers, And I have tried using driver verifier on standard settings with the select all drivers option which just through me into a crash loop which I had to go into safe mode to stop, I'm reaching the edge of my sanity writing this at nearly 2am trying to figure out how to fix this when nothing seems to have worked.

If anyone knows how to help me or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it

Hi Ihatethebirghtbluescreen (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

dxgmms2.sys is a system32 file and is associated with your graphics driver.
It has been corupted or is in conflict with another driver hence the Kernel crash.

As I don't know exactly what has been done and I see you have uninstalled and re-installed drivers. Your dump files indicate it is a driver conflict.

Did you use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) / Cleaner made for Display Drivers as some error may have been retained in the registry.

Did you also run SFC /SCANNOW to interogate your system32 files for corruption?

Very often a bad driver can be identified in Device Manager and you should check for any yellow triangles in your graphics catagory. Should there be any then delete them and look for the manufacturers Web site for an update.

Besides the bsod, please list the stop codes you encountered.

Should all fail then try a system restore point prior to when this started happening.

Last edited:
Hi Ihatethebirghtbluescreen (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

dxgmms2.sys is a system32 file and is associated with your graphics driver.
It has been corupted or is in conflict with another driver hence the Kernel crash.

As I don't know exactly what has been done and I see you have uninstalled and re-installed drivers. Your dump files indicate it is a driver conflict.

Did you use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) / Cleaner made for Display Drivers as some error may have been retained in the registry.

Did you also run SFC /SCANNOW to interogate your system32 files for corruption?

Very often a bad driver can be identified in Device Manager and you should check for any yellow triangles in your graphics catagory. Should there be any then delete them and look for the manufacturers Web site for an update.

Besides the bsod, please list the stop codes you encountered.

Should all fail then try a system restore point prior to when this started happening.
No, I did not use DDU I just manually uninstalled anything nvidia related via the apps&programs settings(A guide told me to do this)

Yes, I did run SFC/SCANNOW and if I remember correctly it fixed a couple files but obviously it hasnt helped my crashes, and for good measure I ran it again after reading your reply and it found no errors

I checked device manager and found no yellow triangles

Maybe I used the wrong term if stop codes is a different thing but i listed every BSOD that happened before the WhoCrashed text that I pasted into the main portion of my post here
In addition to this I'll list all stop codes I've taken pictures of when they happened-
Kernel Security check Failure
Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - nvlddmkm.sys
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - HDAudBus.sys
CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED -dxdmms2.sys
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
- And probably a few more repeats since I didnt take pictures every time it happened

Annd I unfortunatley do not have any system restore points

Colif

Win 11 Master
it also mentions Nvidia drivers by name in another crash
try running DDU in safe mode, remove nvidia drivers and reinstall new ones

Another crash mentions scarlet crush, drivers used for xbox or PS3 controllers.
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
the dumps will include drivers, easier than using whocrashed.

Last edited:
it also mentions Nvidia drivers by name in another crash
try running DDU in safe mode, remove nvidia drivers and reinstall new ones

Another crash mentions scarlet crush, drivers used for xbox or PS3 controllers.
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
the dumps will include drivers, easier than using whocrashed.
I have now copied the current dump files I have, I have not crashed yet today so if it happens again I'll upload the dump files on dropbox and put a link here and I'll also try the DDU thing.
But I don't wanna do anything yet if it somehow fixed itself.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have to ask a friend to convert them, I assume he be on later
he will reply with results I can use to read dumps
He will point out the obvious like Nvidia mentioned in dumps.
The results may show other things as well.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/89j4dowm/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:091521-8890-01.dmp (Sep 15 2021 - 01:39:25)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 35 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

File information:091521-7859-01.dmp (Sep 15 2021 - 02:18:07)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Registry)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:091521-10203-01.dmp (Sep 15 2021 - 01:59:28)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: iCUE.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)

File information:091421-8031-01.dmp (Sep 14 2021 - 17:11:31)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 53 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File information:091421-6906-01.dmp (Sep 14 2021 - 17:26:56)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (C9)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)
One crash was caused by nvlddmkm.sys. The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.asp
There might be a BIOS update available. You are using version 4.7. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.asp
There might be a BIOS update available. You are using version 4.7. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
Yes that is indeed my motherboard

EDIT- Also to clear up any possible confusion about it the DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION was when I tried to use driver verifier and it threw me into a loop of that error code several times upon restarting that finally stopped when I went into safe mode to turn it off, it shouldn't be related to the main issue at hand.

Colif

Win 11 Master
so apart from scarlet crush & Nvidia,. the other 3 aren't as obvious. Sometimes that can mean the other 3 are caused by the 2 named drivers, or something else is also a problem

May 05 2013ScpVBus.sysScarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver http://forums.pcsx2.net/
there is a version from 2016 as well I think, neither are very good

it seems odd they just start crashing if they were fine before, did you install any software recently? change hardware?

update chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350
try updating Icue, there should be a new version by now
latest version is 4.14.179 unless my updater is lying to me

i have seen these cause errors recently
Jul 20 2017SteamStreamingSpeakers.sysSteam Streaming Speakers driver (Valve Corporation)
Jul 28 2017SteamStreamingMicrophone.sysSteam Streaming Microphone driver (Valve Corporation)

If you update BIOS: (it may not be necessary)
CPU is summit Ridge - https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_3/1300x
Highest BIOS you can go to is 5.90, all others have a warning saying not to upgrade if you have your chip.
instructions show you have to install a driver as well before installing bios.
you need to update to 5.50 first
then install 5.90
Asrock have instructions alongside every bios, it shows https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS10

Last edited:
Okay so I have still yet to crash again today but I think I'll go ahead and try the DDU and then reinstall my video drivers

EDIT- have finished doing that, will update if I continue to crash since it may well do again since it has crashed before I did that jank attempt of reinstalling my video drivers a few days ago

Last edited:
Update It has now crashed again with the error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY It happened while I was away from it , think I had a yt video open and paused but I was gone for like 30 minutes and noticed my pc had restarted so I knew it crashed, I updated the dropbox link to have the new dmp file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6t2py99xtvqy25z/AADvLuNuI7WbnyJY7_W6cM8sa?dl=0

Also my computer is telling me that there is a new windows update, should i postpone it or let it update? EDIT- since I dont expect a reply this late in the night i have paused windows updates for now, but let me now if i should update it

EDIT2- So about that update, my pc crashed again but this time no BSOD or dump file just frozen audio then the pc restarted, but oddly it then forced me to update?? even though I had paused updates it forced itself to update.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
its possible that since it froze after you set it to paused, that setting wasn't saved. So it run the update on the next restart.

I need to wait for gardenman to convert last dump to see what it shows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
often windows doesn't make changes until restart so if you hadn't restarted PC between making change and freeze, it could have been that. It does same thing with deleted files.

Colif

Win 11 Master
No, that is fine. More info the better as BSOD have a tendency to not reveal cause so more I have, more a picture I can paint to see what might be happening.

I need to work out how to convert them so that we don't have to wait for Gardenman to want to convert them. We all volunteers here and sometimes life gets in the way, so patience is needed sometimes. I know you get that, just saying

I need to work out how to convert them so that we don't have to wait for Gardenman to want to convert them. We all volunteers here and sometimes life gets in the way, so patience is needed sometimes. I know you get that, just saying
It's alright I'm just glad anybody's willing to try to help me so I don't mind waiting (y)

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/swmLqtpc/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:091621-8187-01.dmp (Sep 16 2021 - 14:42:06)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:091521-12578-01.dmp (Sep 15 2021 - 23:19:58)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

Colif

Win 11 Master
error on 16th could be GPU drivers again. 15th error looks similar but not 100% sure what its doing. i understand meaning of error but not what caused it.

what GPU do you have?

if its older, I would suggest running DDU again but instead of getting drivers from Nvidia, run windows update after safe mode and let windows find drivers for it. They still from Nvidia, just older.

what GPU do you have?

if its older, I would suggest running DDU again but instead of getting drivers from Nvidia, run windows update after safe mode and let windows find drivers for it. They still from Nvidia, just older.
It's a 3070 so its pretty new.

EDIT-
it seems odd they just start crashing if they were fine before, did you install any software recently? change hardware?
also to answer this question finally, I dont recall installing any new software shortly before the crashes started happening, the only thing that possibly couldve been it was Protonvpn but I have long since uninstalled that as it was a suggested step in one of those generic "fix X blue screen error" guides and I have not yet reinstalled it since.

Last edited:
you have some VPN software still
Mar 16 2017tapwindscribe0901.sysTAP-Windows Virtual Network driver (The OpenVPN Project) https://openvpn.net/

Jan 15 2018RvNetMP60.sysRadmin VPN Virtual Adapter driver (Famatech Corp)

Asrock AB350M Pro4
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
Nvidia 3070

whats rest of PC?
what PSU do you have?

thats a missmatch, a 3070 and a 1300x, guess its something to work with for next upgrade
Ill try getting rid of all my vpn software.

My ram is "Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16" , and my PSU is "Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply".

And yea I know my cpu is not Ideal for my graphics card lol, but upgrading that would mean essentially a full rebuild would be in order since my motherboard does not support 5000 series cpu which is what I would end up going for, and I dont have that kind of money atm.