[SOLVED] Been having multiple different BSOD, seemingly out of nowhere, desperate for help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess having GPU is hardest part for most people, so you just need everything else. AMD 6000 series soon so always next generation. I don't know what it holds or if my X570 can run it. I haven't looked. my cpu only 13 months old now, its not even worn in.

CX models are the lowest tier corsair PSU, so might need to look at that as it could be it making GPU act up.
better off with an RM - https://www.custompcguide.net/the-differences-between-all-corsair-power-supply-units/

might not be cause, just looking at things apart from drivers. I expect previous GPU wasn't as powerful.

CX models are the lowest tier corsair PSU, so might need to look at that as it could be it making GPU act up.
better off with an RM - https://www.custompcguide.net/the-differences-between-all-corsair-power-supply-units/

might not be cause, just looking at things apart from drivers. I expect previous GPU wasn't as powerful.
Yes my previous card was a 1060 3gb, I'm hoping if this is just a hardware issue like say the PSU, then that is at least a simple fix.

EDIT- I dont know how much info can be gleaned from it but another crash another dump file, I have uploaded it to the dropbox
EDIT 2- happened again, different error, so now there's 2 new dmp files
EDIT 3- nother one
EDIT 4- and another one
EDIT 5- once again
EDIT 6- crashed again, for the rest of the night if I crash again I'll just upload to dropbox without writing here

Last edited:
New day more crashes, updated the dropbox again

edit also sorry for double post

EDIT- 3 more crashes but no dmp files to show since they were odd, one was a bsod with the code unexpected_kernel_mode_trap and that got stuck at 0% so i had to manually restart and then twice I have crashed where the pc froze and then went black then restarted.

Last edited:
Gardenman having a much needed break this weekend so he will play catch up when he returns.
That's okay, I'll say that I took the initiative and tried a couple things, I used memtest86 and it found no errors in 4 passes. and then I went into bios and manually adjusted my ram speed to the limitations of my cpu instead of having it on the auto option, and maybe its placebo or maybe Im just lucky but thus far haven't crashed yet. but will update if I do.

gardenman

Splendid
I see 12 new dumps. Be sure to always upload new dumps into a new folder each time and provide a link each time to the new folder. I'll do what I think are the latest 5 from the "latest" folder.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:091721-7781-01.dmp (Sep 17 2021 - 15:26:58)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: iCUE.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 29 Sec(s)

File information:091721-11828-01.dmp (Sep 17 2021 - 12:51:55)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File information:091721-10562-01.dmp (Sep 17 2021 - 16:58:02)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: brave.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File information:091721-10046-01.dmp (Sep 17 2021 - 16:38:24)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SearchApp.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

File information:091621-15265-01.dmp (Sep 16 2021 - 21:49:43)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 52 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Edit: I forgot the link and had to redo dumps a 2nd time. Link to results: https://jsfiddle.net/dr1kocv7/show

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
only odd victim there is searchapp.exe which is the search function of cortana. All the others I could explain away as maybe LAN drivers. But that is just odd.
CPU had looked in ram but in a spot it didn't have access to and crashed.

newer version of Icue
4.14.179 is latest version

only odd victim there is searchapp.exe which is the search function of cortana. All the others I could explain away as maybe LAN drivers. But that is just odd.
CPU had looked in ram but in a spot it didn't have access to and crashed.

newer version of Icue
4.14.179 is latest version
I've had cortana disabled for a long time now, maybe that has something to do with it?

But as for updating any more drivers, I don't know if it's necessary as I've yet to crash after changing my ram speed from "auto" to the proper speed my cpu can handle a couple days ago. If changing my ram speed truly did fix it how long do I give it before it being "conclusive" enough to close the thread? like a week or two?

how often were you getting BSOD before? If it was frequent and they seem gone, I would perhaps leave thread a week or 2.
I've been crashing since the 11th or 12th hard to remember since I don't have the dmp files from back then, and it was crashing every few hours or so(with some exceptions like it was fine for a whole day once) until I changed those bios settings just recently on the 18th. Around the same time this all started I was having power issues in my house that have since been fixed, is it possible that frequent power outages caused my bios settings to reset?

also in case you were asking how often I'd crash before all this, pretty much never.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did power issues coincide with errors? maybe they were cause of errors and not bios settings?
windows 10, by default, isn't off when you turn it off, its asleep.
it saves a copy of certain system files and all open drivers into either ram or a file on hdd, so that when you start PC, its already hald loaded ahead of time.
If power is cut while its "off" then it can corrupt files so just maybe it was the act of being disconnected from power unexpectedly while off that caused errors?

did power issues coincide with errors? maybe they were cause of errors and not bios settings?
windows 10, by default, isn't off when you turn it off, its asleep.
it saves a copy of certain system files and all open drivers into either ram or a file on hdd, so that when you start PC, its already hald loaded ahead of time.
If power is cut while its "off" then it can corrupt files so just maybe it was the act of being disconnected from power unexpectedly while off that caused errors?
That really sounds like what happened, since I didn't start having crash issues until the power started cutting out multiple times a day.

Colif

Win 11 Master
so lets wait and see if they have really stopped. As suddenly as they started.

maybe run this and check windows out, all those power outages could have affected it

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

So, I feel as though I have waited long enough to say that my bsod problem is fixed!

So for those in the future that have a similar problem, maybe try checking that your ram speed is set within your cpu's limits.

Reactions: gardenman