Been told HDD is corrupt, yet my computer never crashes?

jacm11

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I took my computer in last week to a shop and I posted a thread about a graphics card being called faulty when it wasn't. I did chkdsk and didn't find anything unusual, and downloaded a utility called 'HD tune pro' and the only thing it says is this:

''Current pending sector: (Data 18) 'Warning''

Interfact CRC error count (Data: 1236) 'Attention'

Calibration Retry Count: 'Data 6' 'Warning'

EVERYTHING else is okay and my computer never crashes. Is this right?

Corrupt appears to be YOUR word, not the diagnostic utilities.

You show just "warning" or "attention" which doesn't necessarily mean it's corrupted. Also, even if it WAS corrupted you might not crash if that particular data isn't accessed.

These warnings are often telling you to replace your drive BEFORE IT DOES CRASH.

jacm11

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Photon... I clearly said I was told this, not that I was declaring it lol... No need to get stressed/yell etc I was just saying... And ty Spooky I have it has 'caution' on the left side in yellow :s

I'm hardly stressed or yelling. I don't even understand where you got that from...
I simply meant that the programs you ran didn't say "corrupt" themselves but rather gave you warnings instead. By "your word" I meant not the programs description. Hardly worth focusing on, especially when someone's trying to help you.

These warning exist for a reason; they suggest that drive failure is likely to happen at some point. I don't know how to say it any clearer.