Beeping / Power Cycles during Startup

jona102190

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Hi,

I just bought a new motherboard (EVGA P55 FTW (2x SLI)). I like it, but it takes a long time to boot up, especially when bios settings are changed. It power cycles itself, around 2 times, and then boots up normally. Is this normal?

Also, it has a number of short beeps during startup as well, but no error messages. Is this normal?

Thanks!

david_412

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I have a series of beeps during the EVGA splah screen. The beeps don't sound negative, the computer starts fine, and I don't have any error messages. It almost sounds melodic. Is this normal? Does anyone know what these beeps could mean?

jona102190

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
I emailed EVGA:

Answered By Ryan M (01/17/2010 10:58:38 PM): 1. yes the post cycle is normal for the P55 products. The latest bios will enable the ability to disable this, but it would limit your processor overclockability. 3. restarting more than once is common. it will be testing the settings before applying them. Please verify what sleep mode you have enabled. in the bios under power management features you might want to change the mode to S1 and S3. This will usually correct the suspend problems. 5. on that product you will get on beep to say the motherboard has posted and a beep after that for every USB device that has been detected. It sounds like everything is working as it should. If you have more questions please let us know.

Thanks,
EVGA Support