kelly

Every time i play a game, my computer starts beeping, its like a siren sound,
has anyone have any ideas what it is and what i can do about it, its driving
me crazy.

Thanx
--
kelly

Hi Kelly,

Your PC could be overheating. Are all the fans working inside
the case? If you open the cover and point a housefan towards
the inside of the case and it stops making that sounds, that's a
sure fire sign that your system is overheating.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

kelly wrote:
> Every time i play a game, my computer starts beeping, its like a siren sound,
> has anyone have any ideas what it is and what i can do about it, its driving
> me crazy.
>
> Thanx

The heavy demands of the game may be resulting in overheating. The sound
may be an alarm.

Make sure the fan(s) on your computer are spinning. On many tower cases
there is a fan in the power supply located near the top of the
computer's back surface. Many tower cases also have a fan mounted on the
CPU inside the computer. If opening the case will not void your
computer's warranty / service contract the CPU is normally visible near
the top of the main circuit board once the left panel (when looking at
the front panel) is removed. Some notebook/laptop computers have a small
fan visable on the back of the computer.

You can check your fan speeds, CPU tempreture and many other factors in
your system with monitoring applications similar to Everest Home
Edition, free for home use available at
http://www.lavalys.hu/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=1