Question Before I demand BestBuy fix my ASUS ROG Laptop

Apr 7, 2019
Specs:

ASUS ROG GL503V Laptop
i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10
NVDIA 1060GTX 8 GB
All Drivers and windows updates most recent versions.

Basically since I've gotten the PC it's seemed a bit slow for a 1060gtx. I've got a 1070gtx in my tower PC and it works like a dream at medium to high settings in almost any game and VR.

Playing Beatsaber in VR with a Samsung Odessy+, the GPU is maxed at 100% on lowest settings.

Playing something like Black Desert, or a FPS, GPU is again 100% all the time on lowest graphical settings and only pushing out 25ish fps.

If I close literally everything running on the task bar, I can almost get 30ish fps on a good day. Additionally, the laptop gets insanely hot, even with the fans running full tilt. To be able to play something like beatsaber on lowest settings, you literally have to stand the laptop on end while hopefully blowing a fan at it. Using a cooling pad or anything like that will get you considerably worse settings.

I've got full coverage on the laptop and I'm nowhere near pushing anything else to 100% it's literally just the GPU processing whenever gaming. I mean, I get like 20FPS on something like Path of Exile, just to give an example.

Thoughts? And thanks to anyone who helps me out here in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
What PSU is installed in the laptop?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

How do the laptop's hardware specs compare to the recommended hardware specs of the games you are playing?

On the laptop, run Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Do so without gaming and then while gaming.

The laptop'sPSU may not be up to providing the necessary power levels. Maybe insufficent to begin with or has aged/degraded and likewise no longer able to meet system power demands.