[SOLVED] Before upgrading my Motherboard and CPU, what do I have to do when it comes to updating my "OS"? or backing up my computer to install the new parts?

Jan 9, 2020
I am getting ready to turn off my pc maybe for the last time because I am getting ready to upgrade the CPU and the Motherboard. I have watched plenty of videos and read forms on how to go about it. It shouldn't be any harder than just plugging everything back in where it was. I am not too sure on what I should do when it comes to "updating the OS"? and is there anything els I have to download before seating the new Motherboard and CPU? I already have the CPU connected to the new Motherboard with the fan fastened on top. All I have to do is snap in the ram sticks that I'm currently using then just connect everything, right? Will I be needing a flash drive and what and how do I get what I need on there? This is the worst part for me so if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it!

Solution
  1. Save ALL your personal files to somewhere else.
  2. Wrap your mind around a whole new OS install. Starting from scratch.
  3. Verify #1 again, because you DID forget something,

#2 is critical. With all new parts, a clean install is strongly recommended, usually required.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Save ALL your personal files to somewhere else.
  2. Wrap your mind around a whole new OS install. Starting from scratch.
  3. Verify #1 again, because you DID forget something,

#2 is critical. With all new parts, a clean install is strongly recommended, usually required.

Solution