Beginner needing help

Nov 14, 2018
So I have a PC I got for Christmas 2 years back, but now I am wanting to sort of build my own, I have upgraded the CPU, GPU, and PSU in it, and i'll probably take my 16gb ram stick with it. I plan to move all of those to the new build. I am having troubles finding a motherboard that is good with the Ryzen 7 1700, and a case that will fit the Gigabyte 1070. I know when I bought the GPU I had to go to like a computer store in town and get a super old looking case because that's the only case I could find that matched the screw holes on the motherboard and would fit the GPU. Any help is appreciated, I am just looking to make a nice clean looking build as a beginner.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I'm not really understanding what you want here?

You have current parts from a PC that will be moving over to a new build?

Can you list all the parts in detail please.

can't tell you if a case will fit a gigabyte 1070 because there's different gigabyte 1070's that are different sizes and lengths.

A full break down of the current components you are keeping and then telling us what other components you are needing to get would help us to help you figure out what you will be buying.

Also, what is your budget going to be for these upgrades.

An example of details is like this.

This is not detailed:
Asus motherboard
Gigabyte GTX 1070
500w PSU
16GB ram
etc.

This is detailed
Asus Maximus Hero VII motherboard
Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1070
Seasonic Focus Gold 650W PSU
16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz RAM
etc.

So please tell us what you already have and plan to move over to this new build and then tell us what components you need to get and tell us if there's any specific component that you already have your mind set on getting.