Being kicked off every 5 min...

When i start up my computer i can surf for about 5 min then it say wireless
connection not avaible, that little baloon pops up, i choose my network, and
seamlessly connect again without a problem... but then 5 minuets later it
happens again...

Hi,
Just a guess, are you using WPA encryption?
I am using WPA with default key renewal of 300 seconds (default setting for
my Linksys WAP54G).
My system works fine, but I can imagine that the wireless connection goes
down if there is something wrong with the key renewal or WPA settings.

/rob

"the brad" <the brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i start up my computer i can surf for about 5 min then it say
wireless
> connection not avaible, that little baloon pops up, i choose my network,
and
> seamlessly connect again without a problem... but then 5 minuets later it
> happens again...

Jose

I am having the sameproblem with my laptop. Please I need help!
I am using INEXQ Router with the following wireless settings FirmWare
Version: 802.11G_1.0.4.0
Mode: MIXEDG_ONLYB_ONLY
ESSID:
Channel: 6
Beacon Interval: 100 msec
RTS Threshold: 1500 (256-2432)
Fragmentation Threshold: 1500 (256-2346, even numbers only)
DTIM Interval: 1 (1-65535)

Preamble Type: x Short Preamble
Long Preamble
Wireless Distribution System: Enable
x Disable

"Robban" wrote:

> Hi,
> Just a guess, are you using WPA encryption?
> I am using WPA with default key renewal of 300 seconds (default setting for
> my Linksys WAP54G).
> My system works fine, but I can imagine that the wireless connection goes
> down if there is something wrong with the key renewal or WPA settings.
>
> /rob
>
> "the brad" <the brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i start up my computer i can surf for about 5 min then it say
> wireless
> > connection not avaible, that little baloon pops up, i choose my network,
> and
> > seamlessly connect again without a problem... but then 5 minuets later it
> > happens again...

Check to see if you have a network bridge if you disable the bridge that will
usually cause that problem

"the brad" wrote:

> When i start up my computer i can surf for about 5 min then it say wireless
> connection not avaible, that little baloon pops up, i choose my network, and
> seamlessly connect again without a problem... but then 5 minuets later it
> happens again...

I have the same problem on my laptop, but im not sure how to enable the bridge.