Being told that GPU is dead; but HDMI works fine! HOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambt-cisco

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
I have to Toshiba laptop that has a GPU integrated on the main board (motherboard).

My laptop screen is black, I used the HDMI port, and it worked fine and I saw the desktop and the booting.

I took the laptop to BestBuy, there called me and told me that the GPU is burned because the cooling was really bad, and you need to get new or used main board (motherboard) because the GPU is not replaceable because it is integrated on the board.

I just want to know how the HDMI ports works fine although they said GPU is dead!!!!

Up to my little knowledge, if the GPU is dead, you cannot use this machine unless you change the GPU. What I know is that if the GPU is dead, you cannot use HDMI port, VGA port, or USB.

Please tell me who is right? And correct my knowledge by explaining how a dead GPU let HDMI port to work?

Thank you.

Solution
probably not the graphics or board since the output works, but no one here can tell you for sure without looking at it. might be a dead screen or bad component leading to the screen like the cable or inverter board. retail stores don't usually have the most qualified technicians. i'd bring it to a local shop that specializes in computer repairs for a second opinion.
probably not the graphics or board since the output works, but no one here can tell you for sure without looking at it. might be a dead screen or bad component leading to the screen like the cable or inverter board. retail stores don't usually have the most qualified technicians. i'd bring it to a local shop that specializes in computer repairs for a second opinion.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS