Belkin n52te and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

True2

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I got my Belkin n52te in Dec. 2008 and it has always worked perfectly for me on my Windows XP system.

I recently bought a new system which has Windows 7. When I plug in the n52te to my Windows 7 system, it gives an error message, "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfuntioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

When I plug it back into my old XP system it still works perfectly.

After searching the Belkin Support site, it turns out that Windows 7 is not a supported operating system for the n52te. I called the company and they said they are working on new drivers for Windows 7.

However from searching the internet it seems that the n52te works fine in Windows 7 for many people. Also, many people say that if it works for Vista, that there is no reason for it not to work for Windows 7.

I have the latest drivers (2.1.2) from the Belkin web site. They install fine on the Windows 7 system. I can open the n52te Editor, but it says the device is not plugged in.

I have the latest firmware (1.04) from the Belkin web site I flashed it back when I was using it on my XP system.

I have tried different USB ports on the front and back of my system.

I'm out of ideas, but I've really enjoyed using it for gaming on my old system, and I really want to make it work on my new system. Seeing how others have said theirs works, maybe someone can help me with mine.

Does anyone else have a Belkin n52te that works with Windows 7, and what exactly did you do to make it work?

True2

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Yes, Windows Vista is a supported Operating System. The latest driver download is supposed to be for XP and Vista (32 or 64 bit). I have it installed and can open the n52te editor on my Windows 7 system, but Windows 7 doesn't recognize the device when it's plugged in.

The fact that 7 and Vista are basically the same is why this problem is perplexing.

sweetbbyrays

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Ive had that problem also, but it seems to be fixed for me.
What i had to do was completely uninstall and reinstall and then plug it in the back (motherboard not PCI), then hopefully itll recognize it and then flash it.
Also i have a reoccurring problem that I'm not sure that got fixed yet, i always have to replug in the device after i turn on my computer.

Hope that helps
-Zak

True2

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
So I figured out why it wasn't working, and wanted to come back and post it in case others had the same or similar problem.

Remember it worked with XP but not with 7. I have a friend that has a laptop with Vista so I wanted to see if it would work on a Vista system. He brought his laptop over, and I went to unplug my n52te and untangle it from the other wires behind the computer. I then discovered/remembered that I had put a USB extension cord on it so it could reach from the computer tower all the way to the left side of my keyboard on the desk. I thought, "Hrmm...this can't be the cause of the problem, can it?"

I took off the extension, plugged it in, and the computer recognized the device, installed it, and it seems to be working. It is a stupid solution, I know, but remember also it worked with the USB extension on my XP system. For whatever reason, the n52te won't work with the USB extension with Windows 7.

Thanks to all who offered their help.

G

i also had the same thing every time you restart the pc u would have to pull the usb out and put it back in for windows to find it.

what u need to do it look at the device manager and see where the n52te is and how many are there just remove them and leave one

if you then plug it into a different usb it will happen again more than one
hope this helps anyone else that as the same thing

G

Guys, just install belkin original cd driver to xp or vista than take file with memorycard from there and paste your windows 7.

Than go inside the file find razerta and run it. You will see at your task bar belkin n52 figure =) click it and here there is.

It is working very good and do not install last drivers, it won't work. Good luck you all.

lucafett

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
What do you mean "file from memory card from there" which file is this. I have installed the device on my X64 Windows 7 system and although it turns on and says its recognized, and the editor comes up, I have been unable to use it in games for some reason. The only thing that seems to work is the Scroll Wheel... I hate this cause I've learned to play most of my games with this thing... Please Help

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Im using a belkin n52te on win 7 prof 64 bit, works fine with latest drivers, check other software causing a conflict, if not update latest chipset. didnt have to do anything special apart from have any of the drivers, latest ones work the best.

FanterA

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
hi guys, my GF got m one of these for my birthday a few days ago, I really like the look of it, but it doesn't work!!

I seem to be having the same problem (or at least same symptoms) as True2, in that it only functions as an illuminated paperweight, the only main difference being that I AM NOT using an extender!

have tried every driver package i can find for it and it still says not connected. my motherboard is an Abit iP35 pro XE, in case that's of any relevance. I have tried the front panel USB ports as well as the rear I/O panel ones.

also at one point, after i tried changing the compatibility mode to Vista SP2, it seemed to recognise it from the config utility, but still had no input. It was reporting driver 2.1.2 and firmware v0.01 (or 0.001 im not sure) but after a reboot it didn't wanna know again, also, tried running FW update exe while it was showing this but that failed as well.

any help would be much appreciated, particularly from those of you who are already running one successfully in windows 7 (im on x64 version of win 7 professional).

also worth noting, the latest driver package (2.12) reports as a trojan in avira free AV, so had to disable anti virus to install it

akira6968

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010

OK so I have this issue every time. Here's a solution I found:

If you read the install directions, it seems that one thing is key: Install driver software, reboot, wait for driver install to complete upon reboot (bout 60sec for me, shouldn't be any longer than that), THEN connect the device.

I still can't get the cool lookin Nostromo software to work for me, but the Belkin one does (they seem to be the same, just different looking interface). Here's the link for the drivers/software http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=F8GFPC200&aid=9266&scid=948

I'm running Win7 32bit and now it works just fine. Just don't plug it in right away. I used the 2.1.2 software/driver

This may have also made a difference:
In programs and features i uninstalled all n52te or razer related software.
In device manager, under 'HID devices' i uninstalled all devices that had n52te or 'razer' in the 'properties' dialogue box. Basically wipe everything out (if you had n52te button profiles you can keep those, I did and they still work).

SephiZ

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
hello there, i'm using too a N52TE :) and i have some weird problem...

i'm with the last firmware / driver but when i use the N52TE editor, then the diagonal joypad dont work...
so i cant bind the key i want ( like change the scroll up / scroll down into keys )
if i try to change the original bind and click on APPLY CHANGES, then the diagonal pad dont work, everything work but not the diagonal move :-/
to make the diagonal move work back i need to uninstall the driver and reinstall it ...

so if i want to have the diagonal i have to use the orignal configuration and if i want to bind keys i cant use diagonal move ..

any advices ?

( btw sry for my bad english :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.