Belkin N600DB strange problems

Tyb525

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Just bought this router 2 weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble, in this order

1st: The 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands would turn off on their own, I had to manually turn them back on through the dashboard several times a day.

2nd: I set a password for the dashboard, to see if someone was accessing it and turning off the wifi. That didn't fix the problem. The next day, the router wouldn't accept my password for the dashboard, nor would it accept "admin" or blank, or anything else I tried.

At this point I cannot access the dashboard to change any settings. I have reset this router about 10 times using various combinations of holding the reset button and unplugging it. This doesn't remove the password on the dashboard, but the Wifi does start working again after a reset.

3rd: After a reset I am able to connect to Wifi with the default password, for about 30 minutes. Then, for no apparent reason, the router won't accept the default password, or any other password.

I have 2 desktops connect via ethernet, and that has always worked. I have connected to WiFi with an android phone, ipad, iphone 4, and an old laptop. When the password stops working, it stops working for all the devices connected to Wifi.

Originally I had no password on the wifi, and I just had to turn it back on through the dashboard every now and then, but ow since I can't change the settings, I can't remove the wifi password, or turn it back on.

I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys have, I consider myself good with computers but I am getting desperate, I'm about to just go buy another new router.

TRENDING THREADS