Belkin Router = fail?

zeta333

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Im wondering if anyone else has had problems with belkin wireless N router? Iv had problems with dropped connections on 2 different computers 1 has a lynksys and the other one did as well till i replaced it with a netgear wireless n card. My network isnt encoded. I god so fed up with the dropped connections on all 3 wireless cards that i ended up getting a powerlineing set for my room. I switch the powerlineing from my xbox to my pc off and on and now iv noticed that the wireless wont let anyone connect at random times and the only way to fix it is by reseting the router. Im completlly fed up and about to go out tomorrow and buy a new router to see if that solves the problem. Any Ideas?

ChuvelxD

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
After hundreds of dollars wasted on belkins draft wireless N technology, i've officially boycotted anything from them because of a lack of consistency in their 'high-priced, pretty' products. I took a $90 wireless adapter and, 'literrally' threw it away in the garbage.

That is the only successful fix i've ever found for belkin products. And their range is NOT as advertised.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I've had similar problems with a D-Link router but my Belkin router has been all but bulletproof. I have had problems with earlier network adapters from them though.

I've honestly never had a perfect experience from any manufacturer's wifi hardware though. Apple, Belkin, D-Link, Linksys, Netgear, Orinoco... buggy connections with all of them at one time.