Belkin Security

Can anybody with a Belkin F5D7230-4 Router help me out?

I've not been able to get WEP security to stay enabled. I've followed
all the instructions in the manual, on the web, what appears to be the
obvious way to do it, contacted tech support, etc.

When I put in a passkey, the router generates the hex key. I hit
apply and navigate away from the security page. When I go back,
security is disabled again.

Tech support asked me to reset the router to default and try it again.
No luck. Then they suggested that I download and update the firmware.
It is already at the latest version.

Thanks,

In message <bcnh801i6sobmeud9l1vekj2cengnanjgl@4ax.com>, Greg Surratt
<glsurratt@att.net> writes
>Can anybody with a Belkin F5D7230-4 Router help me out?
>
>I've not been able to get WEP security to stay enabled. I've followed
>all the instructions in the manual, on the web, what appears to be the
>obvious way to do it, contacted tech support, etc.
>
>When I put in a passkey, the router generates the hex key. I hit
>apply and navigate away from the security page. When I go back,
>security is disabled again.

When I try this the page loads showing disabled then auto-updates to
enabled. Maybe your browser is mishandling the 'security' page? That
page uses javascript and might be blocked from running in your browser.

--
Paul Shirley: email unwelcome, reply by news

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:56:18 +0100, Paul Shirley
<paul.shirley@totally.invalid> wrote:

>In message <bcnh801i6sobmeud9l1vekj2cengnanjgl@4ax.com>, Greg Surratt
><glsurratt@att.net> writes
>>Can anybody with a Belkin F5D7230-4 Router help me out?
>>
>>I've not been able to get WEP security to stay enabled. I've followed
>>all the instructions in the manual, on the web, what appears to be the
>>obvious way to do it, contacted tech support, etc.
>>
>>When I put in a passkey, the router generates the hex key. I hit
>>apply and navigate away from the security page. When I go back,
>>security is disabled again.
>
>When I try this the page loads showing disabled then auto-updates to
>enabled. Maybe your browser is mishandling the 'security' page? That
>page uses javascript and might be blocked from running in your browser.

Thanks. That's probably it since I keep forgetting to disable NIS and
NAV when I'm working on the darned thing. Thanks. I'll go back and
revisit the problem.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:56:18 +0100, Paul Shirley
<paul.shirley@totally.invalid> wrote:

>In message <bcnh801i6sobmeud9l1vekj2cengnanjgl@4ax.com>, Greg Surratt
><glsurratt@att.net> writes
>>Can anybody with a Belkin F5D7230-4 Router help me out?
>>
>>I've not been able to get WEP security to stay enabled. I've followed
>>all the instructions in the manual, on the web, what appears to be the
>>obvious way to do it, contacted tech support, etc.
>>
>>When I put in a passkey, the router generates the hex key. I hit
>>apply and navigate away from the security page. When I go back,
>>security is disabled again.
>
>When I try this the page loads showing disabled then auto-updates to
>enabled. Maybe your browser is mishandling the 'security' page? That
>page uses javascript and might be blocked from running in your browser.

Disabling NAV and NIS did the trick. Thanks.