[SOLVED] Belkin Wireless Router 801.11g date and time correction

Jan 20, 2019
This aged router fails to synchronize correct date and time, reading "January 1, 1970," since initial set up in 2006(?). If my decision, I'd update technology; however, it's not.
Model no. is F5D7230-4 and firmware version is 4.03.03; checking firmware updates through router stated, "No new updates available." 2017 note stated site (Belkin) shows firmware current. Router keeps time through SNTP server enabling system clock to synchronize with global time through internet. Clock records security log and controls client filtering, to set up the latter, needing correct date/time.
I'd appreciate any useable assistance offered. Thank you.

Solution
It is quite possible that the master server that router is hard coded to communicate with no longer exists. That router REALLY should be replaced. A used Asus router (N56U) that is 20X better is $20. Don't compromise your security with old WIFI hardware.

kanewolf

Titan
It is quite possible that the master server that router is hard coded to communicate with no longer exists. That router REALLY should be replaced. A used Asus router (N56U) that is 20X better is $20. Don't compromise your security with old WIFI hardware.

Solution