belkin?

La_Magra

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
i am thinking of setting up a 54g network up with my telewest blueyonder bb connection (cable modem) and i was thinking of gettin the belkin 54g router (model F5D7230UK4) could anyone give me any opinions or experiences with this company or in particular, this router. thanks.

gobeavers

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2003
Hey, ive got a belkin 54g wireless router. Wired it works great, and it appears that it works with wireless too (almost). I dont know about reception strength, I havent tried anything else, but my Belkin PCI card I installed in a comp worked fine, until a bit ago. Don't know what went wrong, router or card. And a laptop belkin card I plugged into a laptop didnt have a necessary file, either the software or the comp... So I don't know whether its me, the router, or the cards. It would probably just be best to check reviews. I also havent gotten the firmware update yet, if that would affect anything... This probably wont be of any help.

btw: I bought this router because I saw a reception range review and it looked good.

Anxiously awaiting prescott....is it here yet?