Question Benchamark/Stress Test for GPU clock stability testing for Gaming Scenarios

THpapi

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
Hey community!
I've been using Firestrike to test GPU OC profiles and noticed that while many of these profiles are stable during testing and yield a much higher Firestrike score than no OC, they are often unstable while gaming. Is there a better tool besides Firestrike to test whether or not an OC profile will be stable in most games? I know some games are picky but just looking for one test I can use that will pretty much prove stability in many gaming scenarios.

THpapi

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
Prime95 doesn't involve your GPU at all though...

Just try some more graphics card stress tests/benchmarks. There is 3DMark Timespy, the Unigine benchmarks (e.g. Valley), etc.
Well yeah haha that is my plan... was wondering if anyone had some insight on a particular test they know to demonstrate gaming stability better than the others.

Prime95 doesn't involve your GPU at all though...

Just try some more graphics card stress tests/benchmarks. There is 3DMark Timespy, the Unigine benchmarks (e.g. Valley), etc.
Because gaming requires more than just GPU. OP said he wanted to test "gaming scenarios". So running a GPU only test(I use Heaven) and P95 Blend(which stresses CPU and RAM) seems like the logical thing to do. If your OC can pass 20-30 minutes of that, then a real gaming load should be no sweat.

Of course IMO.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Because gaming requires more than just GPU. OP said he wanted to test "gaming scenarios". So running a GPU only test(I use Heaven) and P95 Blend(which stresses CPU and RAM) seems like the logical thing to do. If your OC can pass 20-30 minutes of that, then a real gaming load should be no sweat.

Of course IMO.
Sure, but if you're only overclocking your graphics card then your CPU and RAM should already be stable. A GPU overclock isn't going to make your CPU unstable.

THpapi

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
It will also stress the PSU and may reveal a weakness. For all we know the OP is trying to OC a 2080ti on a 9900k with a 350w PSU.
Haha sorry I didn't Clarify! 7700k @ 4.8 (less than 1.3v if I remember correctly) and GTX 1080 OC'd pretty hard but no voltage offset. 750w gold PSU. PSU shouldn't be an issue if performing nominally.