Benchmark liquid cooler?

olly29

Honorable
Oct 1, 2015
Hey guys, I am trying to find out a bit more about liquid cooling. I've been using my CoolerMaster evo 212 fan after being recommended it from many sources and it seems like it is quite a standard purchase in terms of price and quality for air cooling. Basically, I was wondering if there was a liquid cooling unit that is similar to the evo 212 in terms of quality and price? Thankyou :D

Solution
Simply put - no.
AiOs are expensive and really overpriced for what they are. Much cheaper air coolers do better job at lower noise.
In order to get performance and noise advantage over air cooler, it usually requires a custom loop that will be 3-5 times more expensive and will require maintenance.
Simply put - no.
AiOs are expensive and really overpriced for what they are. Much cheaper air coolers do better job at lower noise.
In order to get performance and noise advantage over air cooler, it usually requires a custom loop that will be 3-5 times more expensive and will require maintenance.

Solution

For 60$ there are plenty of air coolers that will be much more reliable, quieter and will keep the CPU cooler.

What problem are you trying to solve?
What is your cpu, case, and graphics card?
In general, AIO coolers in a good case are no more effective than air coolers.

My canned rant on liquid cooling:
------------------------start of rant-------------------
You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
How much do you really need?
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
in a well ventilated case.
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
The orientation of the radiator will cause a problem.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
And... I have read too many tales of woe when a liquid cooler leaks.
google "H100 leak"
I would support an AIO cooler only in a space restricted case.
-----------------------end of rant--------------------------

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler.