Benchmark scores 20 - 30% lower only 1 month old Newly Built PC + 8k wont run smoothly.

tumba_lone991

Commendable
May 19, 2016
When i first built my computer which was approx 1 month ago i did some tests after a clean install of windows 7 and now can't seem to get those results anymore. I did disk de-fragment, cleanup, cc clean, registry clean, removed programs and updates but nothing is working and seem to only make it get lower scores. Besides that installed some programs and windows updates.

Current scores
UserBenchmarks: Game 79%, Desk 125%, Work 87%
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K - 95.9%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 73.1%
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB - 225.1%
HDD: WD Blue 3TB (2015) - 90.6%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 106.6%
MBD: Asus PRIME Z270-AR

My scores were exactly 1 month ago Game 109% Desk 149% Work 107%
I was also able to run 8K videos smoothly on youtube via firefox now i am not able too.

Also the SSD test went from this

to this

Do you think this is any hardware damage or what could be causing this because based on those benchmark scores -20-30% reduction in performance is very disturbing and upsetting to me in only 1 month of use.. Thanks

iamacow

Admirable
Well it's obliviously not a read issue. I've been having 4k playback issues recently and found out that VLC player isn't good for HEVC (H.265). I suggest installing Windows Media Classic (not player) for your needs.

If you are playing out of a browser, than IDK. didn't even know Youtube offered 8k. Besides that Youtube requires good internet connection for even 4k. Maybe its a buffering issues. The hard drive wouldn't even be a factor in playback of Youtube.

tumba_lone991

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Thanks for the response, my internet is the fastest in my country (Australia) fibre optic and i didn't have problems before but what do you think is the cause of the minus 20 - 30% decrees in benchmark scores only a month of use is what is my main question. I don't have playback issues either but i was wondering why is it also almost 2700mb/s read now its only 2050mb/s again only a month use feels like i been using it for years not sure what has happened.

I'm not sure the SSD performance is anything to worry about. If you look up benchmarks of the 250 GB 960 EVO your scores are still pretty much in line with them. You may just have gotten an abnormally high bench the first time because it was mostly empty and had a fresh Windows install with nothing running.

As far as playing videos goes, that's probably a separate issue. Can you check your CPU and Disk usage during an idle period? Also, do you have Firefox set to use hardware acceleration? Lastly, when you download an 8k video and play it locally does it still stutter?

tumba_lone991

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Ok the SSD thing is understandable.

But what made my benchmark scores drop from:
Game 109% Desk 149% Work 107%
to
Game 79% Desk 125% Work 87%

Those too me look like huge percentage drops in only 1 month use?
Is there anything i can do to make my windows run like clean install again or ?

tumba_lone991

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Well it keeps getting lower every test it seems, hmm ok ill check these out for now.