[SOLVED] Benchmark works But gaming doesn't please help

Aug 1, 2020
Hi! I got this weird problem with my pc so i bought a second hand Rx xfx 470
Downloaded newest drivers

At first whenever i mess with the fan curve or anything in the driver settings it will freeze and will be just black screen I'll need to restart when this happens and it does not work with benchmark and games it will just freeze again

Now i downloaded a driver from 2017 and the i can now run the Benchmark furmark,msi kombustor without crashing but when firing up any games it freezes + black screen again withing 3-5mins

If the benchmark works why not my games?

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
My bios is 015.050.000.001.000000

How do i know if it matches the model?
You need to know your exact GPU model (i.e: RX-470P4LFB6) and core/boost frequency. I'm just asking about your vbios because that's a second hand GPU and you never know if the seller tried something unusual. That GPU behavior is unusual as well, may even be a faulty mobo.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020
I
You need to know your GPU exact model (i.e: RX-470P4LFB6) and core/boost frequency. I'm just asking about your vbios because that's a second hand GPU and you never know if the seller tried something unusual. That GPU behavior is unusual as well, may even be a faulty mobo.

I doubt it's the mobo and power supply i tested it with 2 systems so far and same problem with both, i am starting to think this card is the problem, but it just weirds me out why would the becnhmark works and not the games? Could be the bios too I'll look in to it

Do you have any tips on how to really pinpoint the model of the card

For all i know they could probably change the name of the card as well, thank you!

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
I

I doubt it's the mobo and power supply i tested it with 2 systems so far and same problem with both, i am starting to think this card is the problem, but it just weirds me out why would the becnhmark works and not the games? Could be the bios too I'll look in to it

Do you have any tips on how to really pinpoint the model of the card

For all i know they could probably change the name of the card as well, thank you!
There is any sticker on the GPU like this one below? You can check it over there.
GPU-55-02_0.png

Last edited:

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
I noticed something while trying to find the bios, the bios i found either have Samsung and hynix chip support but mine uses elpida chipset

Can i put a samsung's or hynix bios to an elpida's?
Don't use BIOS that do not match with your GPU specifications. This one is a verified BIOS and matches with your GPU specifications. But I cannot recommend updating your vBIOS without being sure that this is the only real problem, since there is a possibility of you bricking your gpu and I don't want to be responsible for this, also i found your BIOS version, but none of them have been verified, you can find them here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...00000&interface=&memType=&memSize=4096&since=

Aug 1, 2020
Hey man i think i got it working now, it's the bios as you said i changed it and it works for now i've played for 5hrs straight with no problems, I'll fill you up if anything happens to it. But i think it's working properly now fingers crossed, Thanks man!

TRENDING THREADS