benchmarking and crysis

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
The beta doesn't support SLI at the moment, and according to Crytek is completely unoptimized in comparison to the retail game. I've been playing it on my 8800GTX, and while the frame rate isn't, the game look phenomenal, and I haven't had issues with the motion blur etc. A lot of people are basing a future purchase off the performance of this beta, and I think that's a bit foolish. Does anyone remember the Doom3 beta?

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Theres an interview etc on gametrailers.com with crytek that says current hardware won't be able to run it at max and the game won't come fully functional anyway they going to turn on more advanced graphics in later patches after it's release.

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
I've said it enough times. BETA It means, "Hey, play the game, but it's going to be nothing like the retail version." yet people base a purchase off of it anyways. Why...I have no idea.

theuprightman24

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007

http://www.betauk.com/ ??????????? <sic>

I guess some people just don't get it? lol

Patients people it will be here soon enough and then you can give it both barrels lol

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

Thats cool to know, sounds like its coming along quite well then. I think we should all just sit tight. If we've waited this long, a little longer won't hurt.

ShortRef

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Heres a tiny bit of info:

Geforce 8800 gts 320mb

Was running at high settings, 720p, 20-25 fps outside un-optimized, which I think is pretty good.

ShortRef

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007

*gets a pitchfork*

Well, until we get a CPU on the market that can hand enough workload to the top video cards on the market we can only assume the main limitations are due from a CPU standpoint. I understand that there may be certain settings that may not be supported by the current top video cards but I have a hard time believing that we can accurately say that the current video cards can't handle playing the game at full settings.

Tbh, the hardware that can run this game on max settings won't be available for another 12-24 months anyway.

Good thing at least you can dumb down the game settings enough to play on your current hardware to be playable or there wouldn't be any game sales due to no one being able to play it.

When you guys with the deep bottomless pockets buy this new hardware please post here and let us know how it comes out... =P

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

Thats what codemasters said about Colin McCrae DiRT (may he rest in peace), and this is what overclocking is for, running hardware at levels that won't be available for at least 12-24 months in the horizon. Therefore I can now game CM DiRT as it was meant to be played...., hopefully the same will hold true for Maxed out Crysis. ;)

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007

nope, nor do I care so long as they don't have nukes :p
oh and warezeme? 12-24 MONTHS!?!?! thats almost certainly an entire generation, which is like double the power

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

this is mostly true for GPU's but doesn't seem to be for CPU's, 12mo's(more or less) ago 2.93Ghz was fastest for C2D, current quads are not much faster. Faster performing next generation aren't due till mid year next year will double, maybe. Gpu wise 8800GTX almost doubled performance 12mo's ago compared to 7900 series but thats why you double up with two and OC those also....., so yes OC'ing will put you way ahead of the curve before new stuff starts to leave you behind again, well past 12mo's.

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
All i know is that i am willing to wait to December for this game, however i am not willing to wait longer. In my opinion November is just too early for this game, i think they should take as much time as they need like Blizzard does...

Also i want to have my new system 9800 GTX etc by the time Crysis comes out, so pushing the release date back for Crysis will help in that respect