benchmarking UT2004?

There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
anyone know of a way to bench?

jeff b wrote:

> There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
> anyone know of a way to bench?

Fraps?

--
Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:00:15 GMT, jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote:

>There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
>anyone know of a way to bench?

I figure they will straighten out the missing benchmark stuff with the
first patch, but in the meantime there's a way to get a decent
benchmark just for tweaking purposes. First you will need a recorded
demo. You can record one yourself... put yourself in God mode and
record a fierce node battle in Onslaught. Then, go to the menu and
hit the ~ key to bring down the console. Type in:

demoplay nameofdemo?timedemo

This will play back the demo as fast as your rig can render it. Then
bring the console down again and there is your average framerate.

I used this technique to see what vid settings have the biggest impact
on performance. It turns out that World Detail and Projectors
together account for a full 25% of performance.

Trevor Best wrote:

> jeff b wrote:
>
>> There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
>> anyone know of a way to bench?
>>

> Fraps?

what's fraps?

patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

"jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message

> Trevor Best wrote:
>
> > jeff b wrote:
> >
> >> There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
> >> anyone know of a way to bench?
> >>

> > Fraps?

Go to www.fraps.com It's a real slick proggy that gives you the frame rates
on just about any 3D game.

jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message news:<zwFgc.23320$0b4.29648@attbi_s51>...
> There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
> anyone know of a way to bench?

stat fps but .. well unrealbenchmark.com shows one :)

or just open the console and type
stat fps

"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Trevor Best wrote:

>> > Fraps?
>> >

> Go to www.fraps.com It's a real slick proggy that gives you the frame
> rates
> on just about any 3D game.
>> what's fraps?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:14:20 +0100, "Quietman" <quietman1968 at
hotmail dot com> wrote:

>or just open the console and type
>stat fps

That's ok for just poking around, but that's not going to give you an
accurate/repeatable benchmark.

jeff b left a note on my windscreen which said:

> There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
> anyone know of a way to bench?

I belive 'Bench 'em all' (do a google search) has benchmarks for UT2004.
Although having seen them I don't think they are very representative of
true ingame performance.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:00:15 GMT, jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote:

>There's no built-in in benchmarks like ib 2003,
>anyone know of a way to bench?

open console (~ key)

STAT FPS

Its also good for noticing your FPS while playing... you know in real
time what your performance is.

In UT classic, it was a menu option... in Unreal2 it was F8 I think...

UT2004 ... I hope its first PATCH file fixes and adds some major
things missing. I posted on their website.... like USER config
settings for VECHICLE CONTROLS.... DUH

And howabout a camera lock mode because it takes 3 hands to Drive /
Look / shoot at the same time.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!