[SOLVED] Bending PCIE Riser cables

Dec 27, 2019
Hello,

I am currently building a case and will need to use a Riser cable for one of the GPUs in the case. I decided to go with Thermaltake AC-050-CO1OTN-C1 TT Premium PCI-E x16 3.0 Extender Riser Cable 600mm based off reviews and recommendations from friends who have used it before. What kind of bends can these cables handle? I was thinking of doing some 90 degree bends/folds to make things look neat, can doing those type of bends ruin the cable or cause issues with the GPU?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
You do the bend ideally once for a long time. I suspect prolonged bending is not doing the raiser any favors but if you have to do it once or twice, that is the reason for this cable to exist.
if you remember ATA cables, they were the same and I dont remember them breaking that much.
just dont try to make 90 degree angles on the cable please
You do the bend ideally once for a long time. I suspect prolonged bending is not doing the raiser any favors but if you have to do it once or twice, that is the reason for this cable to exist.
if you remember ATA cables, they were the same and I dont remember them breaking that much.
just dont try to make 90 degree angles on the cable please

Solution
Dec 27, 2019
I am currently building a PC desk case and the GPU is stationed right next to the motherboard. I couldn't mount it on the motherboard because the card came with a waterblock (MSI rtx 2080 seahawk ek x) and the ports where the tubes get connected does not clear where the glass gets placed. So I decided the lay it horizontally and the riser cable covers a big portion of the components. Just trying to figure out a way to get the cable routed out of the way for aesthetic purposes.