Bending PETG - Will a 12mm insert work with 1/2in ID PETG?

iRon_Man22

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Title says it all. The silicone insert I have is 12mm but the Tubing I will use is 1/2 (12.7mm). Can I still use the 12mm even though it is slightly smaller? Or will the bend not turn out? Should I just get the 1/2in silicone insert? Thanks very much!

Solution
Guess it all comes down to what tube you are using. Maybe the monsoon insert fits monsoon tubing better then other brands. That was the only one I could find that says its for 1/2"

I did mine all with XSPC 14mm/12mm tube with their bending kit.

iRon_Man22

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

That's what I was planning on doing, trouble is, no one seems to sell 1/2in ID tube inserts...and for the couple that I did find the comments said they were really 12mm or 13mm inserts. See here and here for examples of what I mean. Know of any good insert I can buy that is truly 1/2in?

iRon_Man22

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Yeah I already saw this one, but as I said in my previous post, if you read the comments on it ppl say it doesn't really fit a 1/2 in ID tube. I went ahead and ordered it anyway. Maybe the comments are wrong. At any rate, it will be just as good if not better than the 12mm insert I already have. Thanks for your input.

Guess it all comes down to what tube you are using. Maybe the monsoon insert fits monsoon tubing better then other brands. That was the only one I could find that says its for 1/2"

I did mine all with XSPC 14mm/12mm tube with their bending kit.

Solution