Benefits to running 2 GPU's?

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
I am toying with the idea of buying a new graphics card so I can experience upgraded graphics and mine using my current card and whichever one I choose to buy. Any clear benefits to having 2 GPU? I'm fairly certain my motherboard has 2 slots.

Here is my parts list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nKtDzM

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
There is almost no benefit with a lot of cost. The use of a second card would be ONLY for PhysX renderring since SLI won't be an option with two different cards.

The thing with secondary PhysX cards is that they don't work on 99.9% of games. The few games that DO support it can either see minor gains or no difference at all. There are some instances where having a secondary card actually hinders performance.

You'd be sacrificing quite a lot of power for VERY minimal FPS gains in a very certain few amount of games.

A moot question; your motherboard will not support sli or even the addition of another card, you have only 1 pcie x16 slot.

Past that dual gpu may win you synthetic fps benchmarks, but gameplay is better with a single good card.
You avoid issues such as screen tearing, stuttering and non support in some games.