Question BenQ 2200HD monitor loads start up, flashes for a few milliseconds then turns off

Jul 23, 2019
Specs and OS will be below.

I purchased a second hand BenQ 2200HD monitor probably around 5 or 6 months ago. It worked like a dream until last night where I was watching some videos and noticed a few slight visual errors. It was just like pixels turning reddish but very slight and it was only in a small area. A while later it just turned off and now what happens is it boots up the BenQ intro fine, then flashes the display for probably a few milliseconds and turns off again. I've noticed it shows the HP load up screen and it worked when I loaded it in safe mode.Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in Safe mode anymore. I have my other display on and that works. Even when this is my primary display, it still does the same boot up then shut off. I'd really appreciate any help because I've never heard of anything like this.

I'm not sure what to do in this case so any help would be much accepted.

SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti Mini
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

I'm not sure what exactly else I should put but if you need any additional info, let me know and I'll respond ASAP.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you take the display and hook it up to a donor system in your household to rule out an issue with the display/GPU? You can also try connecting another display in place of the BenQ to rule out faulty(overheating) panel.

Also, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Jul 23, 2019
Did you take the display and hook it up to a donor system in your household to rule out an issue with the display/GPU? You can also try connecting another display in place of the BenQ to rule out faulty(overheating) panel.

Also, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?
I just got a laptop and plugged it in, same issue. powered up, flashed then turned off. As to what my PSU is, i'm pretty sure its a 320W but as for it's age i'd have to say maybe 4 or so years old. My computer is a HP Compaq and I had a look and says they're either 240 or 320 W and since my video card works, i'd say it's the 320 W.