[SOLVED] BenQ 2411Z Disablinng osd

Radu25011

Honorable
Feb 7, 2015
Is there anybody that has insight on how one could achieve this?

I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find anybody who was able to do so. The issue is, BenQ 2411Z does not have a DP and only DVI/HDMI, and use 120/144hz you are limited to the DVI. Problem is, new NVIDIA cards (like the RTX2080) do not have a DVI port, which means you are forced to use a DVI to DP converter that is an Active type, which allows you to run 120hz on the monitor. This is confirmed by myself and many people to work, and using online means to check if its actually running on 120hz clearly shows a difference.

The problem is, you get an annoying On Screen Display popup on the bottom right constantly telling you that "Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor". The cable is fine. Why does this popup exist? And why does it not disappear after 10 or so seconds? Oh god its driving me crazy please help me.

Solution
From what you're saying, everything should be working, so you might wanna give Zowie (BenQ) a call for more assistance or try a different active DVI to DP converter if you have another at your disposal.

Bentp2019

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
From what you're saying, everything should be working, so you might wanna give Zowie (BenQ) a call for more assistance or try a different active DVI to DP converter if you have another at your disposal.

Solution