BenQ BL3201PT 32-inch Ultra HD Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Hate Nvidia

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
I Don't Know Why monitor vendors can't make a decent 28 inch IPS UHD monitor below 500 $ whereas I bought my LG UB820T 42 inch IPS 120 Hz UHD TV for only 630$ ,and it comes with the amazing magic remote and TV tuner and smart TV support, WIFI and LAN , USB 3 and 3 HDMI 2.0 ports!

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Why is everybody stating about Luminance / Brightness as "higher is better ". I had an Iiyama 27" IPS pannel that had over 350 cd you can`t even use that monitor at 100% brightness, you can actually feel the heat from the monitor on your face. Best use was at around 25 to 50% brightness ...had to return it though due to flickering .. my eyes were going insane with that monitor.

I hate to ask, but how is the glow?

I wouldn't want to bump it over and drop it from the table, because the stand looks so tipsy.
The stand is sturdy since the 3200PT(2560 x 1440 MVA) was very solid with the same stand.

Why is everybody stating about Luminance / Brightness as "higher is better ". I had an Iiyama 27" IPS pannel that had over 350 cd you can`t even use that monitor at 100% brightness, you can actually feel the heat from the monitor on your face. Best use was at around 25 to 50% brightness ...had to return it though due to flickering .. my eyes were going insane with that monitor.
I think the brighter is better has carried over from cell phone reviews or something. Working in a very bright area could also benefit from extra brightness. On the plus side almost all BenQ screens use voltage based dimming and not PWM. This should allow you to get a dimmer screen without the flickering(not that it bothers me).

I personally have my screens at a much lower setting as well.

I thought we'd start seeing some sort of adaptive sync technology on just about every monitor by now. I can't get excited about anything that doesn't have it.

And it is needed at 4k. Vsync is extremely demanding at this resolution. I was having a drop of 20% in performance in Shadow of Mordor by having it on.

I am more thrilled about Free sync.

I am using a Panasonic 58AX800 as my monitor (it's a TV with a displayport port) and it is breathtaking. It's IMO, the best 4k display you can get. The gaming mode make you able to play with almost no latency.

Little drawback, Netflix and Youtube 4k are not supported. I don't really care since I bought it for being able to play games.

Shadow of Mordor 4k@60fps

I found it a bit slow(this was compared to a 6ms rated VA screen from 6 years ago). It is just some pixel transitions are noticeably slower(this is common on VA panels however).

Still a very solid screen with excellent blacks, good color and even backlighting. Coming with ALL the cables was also a nice touch.

edesrock

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
I bought this monitor back in December when first became available here in Canada. It replaced the BL3200pt and while I do miss the higher contrast of the VA panel this 4k ips panel more than makes up for it with it's color and clarity. I wasn't able to read through the entire review here but one thing I'd like to add is that it scales lower res content extremely well compared to other 4k monitors I've tried (like the 28 inch TN's).

edesrock

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015

To be honest I'm not sure how it does the scaling. I just know that my ps4 looks great on it and I've run some pc games at 1440p and they look just as good as they did on the BL3200pt.

Status
Not open for further replies.