BENQ EW2440 Monitor VGA Issue

Ozzmeister

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Hi Everyone

I have been looking all around and have had no Luck at all with my BENQ EW2440 Monitors.

The issue is it doesn't have a DVI Port so i bought a VGA to DVI-D converter since my graphics card does not have a VGA port.

I am trying to run two monitors however everytime i plug in both or even 1 of the Monitors into my graphics card and select input to be VGA ( on the monitor and the software that came with it ) it says no cable connected.

I have updated all drivers i could possible think of and also device manager is showing everything to be up to date ( does not have any exclamation marks on any of the devices connected ) and for some reason its not outputting/picking up my display when its VGA ONLY. I am currently forced to use HDMI cables to use my monitors ( One of them are onboard and one is on my graphics card ). Is there anyone who has had this issue or knows what we could possible do to fix it ?

Things i have tried so far :

Check BIOS to make sure multiple display is enabled
Updated Drivers for Graphics
Adjusted Power Management to be High Performance

It is highly unlikely that BOTH of the converters i got are not working. I also think that maybe its a setting i am missing somewhere ( it could be defaulted at HDMI instead of VGA ) but i dont know where i could check this out.

Computer Specifications :

Graphics Card : MSI AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU 8GB
Motherboard : MSI Intel Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard - Socket 1151
CPU : Intel Core i5-6600K Processor - Socket 1151
PSU : Seasonic 80 Plus Gold Certified - 850Watt Power Supply
RAM : Kingston HyperX Savage Series Memory 4GB DDR43000MHz DIMM x4
Monitors : BENQ EW2440 24" LED

Thanks in Advance!!
Ozzy

Solution
VGA to DVI-D doesn't work, because DVI-D is digital only. What would of worked is a VGA to DVI-I. With that said, I would use HDMI if I were you. HDMI to DVI-D adapters, they are quite cheap, because there is no conversion involved.

Ozzmeister

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Hi Suzuki

Thank you for the very enlightening information. I am currently at work so i won't be able to test it yet. But i will keep this topic updated as soon as i get home to test it. I am wondering why they would make a converter for a VGA to DVI-D converter in the first place if it doesnt work very well :D

Ozzmeister

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Hi Suzuki. I have tested it and it is working fine. Thank you for your help greatly appreciate it :)