Benq EW3270U vs LG27UK850-W

Jul 22, 2018
Basically I'm looking for a new monitor to do some work on an game on my pc/ps4 pro (mainly game on my ps4 and work on my pc).

These are both 4k with hdr, so my Ps4 pro needs are basically covered, i dont know if anyone has any experience with either of these, but hopefully someone has any recommendations :)

Here is a link comparing the two including specs and everything else :)

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/0edd568fe

Solution
The Acer model is not a true 10 bit panel (given it's 8 bit+FRC). At that point, you're paying for G-Sync more than anything else, especially since you'd be dropping the HDR standard as a trade-off. I'd stick with the BenQ panel.
Personally, I'd heavily recommend the BenQ over the LG in this case. I'd say that 27 inches is good for 1440p, and 32 inches is very strong for 4k. Not to mention, the BenQ has SLIGHTLY higher sRGB coverage, and supports DDCI P3 and 98 RGB, which the LG apparently doesn't? It also has a good bit lower response time, so that may be better for you in gaming.

Jul 22, 2018

Yeah, and the Benq is also cheaper :) The only reason im a bit split is that the Benq is MVA instead of IPS and im afraid that the colors will be flat. But then again ive read that the color accuracy and that the contrast of the screen in general is good :)

Thx for the reply tho, your response have made me even lean more heavily towards the Benq

Jul 22, 2018

True that, we have something similar to the amazon stuff here i live in Norway so i guess i can just return it if i really dont like it :O

Thanks again for good help and the info :)

The Acer model is not a true 10 bit panel (given it's 8 bit+FRC). At that point, you're paying for G-Sync more than anything else, especially since you'd be dropping the HDR standard as a trade-off. I'd stick with the BenQ panel.

Solution

bdauis

Prominent
May 19, 2018
Get the EW3270U. It's a VA panel but it has good colors and color accuracy is acceptable for what it is. I've seen one myself. I ended up getting the Philips 43" HDR10 monitor as I do more music production stuff and color accuracy is not as important as contrast and deep black levels are better on the Philips.

But the differences are quite small when everything is considered. The BenQ covers ~95% of DCIP3 which means colors are going to be vibrant and rich. The BenQ uses a B+RG phosphor enhanced backlight, which gives it 95% the gamut coverage.

Most monitors only use a B+YAG WLED backlight and can therefore only cover sRGB and in many cases not even sRGB.

Get the BenQ. You will be happy with it.