Question BenQ EX2510 or something else for my purposes?

PewterScreaminMach

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
I am looking to upgrade my home monitor, which is about 12 years old. Due to my intentionally space-friendly setup, I can't go larger than 22" or so total width, which pretty much eliminates any screens larger than 25".

Aside from browsing, I primarily use the monitor for both photo editing and gaming. The photo editing is probably a 50/50 split between personal use and work use, so being somewhat color-accurate is important. It doesn't need to be "constantly calibrated color-accurate", but I definitely find that editing anything on my current monitor is almost useless when viewing the edited photos/videos on a modern screen, be it a smart phone or simply a more modern monitor, which at this point is just about every monitor other than my home one. That's the primary driving factor in the upgrade decision.

Budget is in the sub-$300 range. I'm also just a casual gamer, so while 4k would be nice, I simply don't require it at home.

At work, I currently use a BenQ P3200U, which I'm totally in love with and has spoiled me, but the budget doesn't stretch that far at home. I love pretty much love everything about the P3200U, including the build quality, so I'm tempted to stick with BenQ to reward that level of value I feel they offer. That said, I'm open to other brands/models that would be a better option for my photo editing / gaming needs in a similar price range.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

PewterScreaminMach

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
Well, I purchased today, so we'll find out how it is Sunday lol.

Didn't really see any other options in this price range that offered the same level of features and specifically mentioned color-accuracy as a pro, either in their own write-ups or reviews (Tom's review specifically mentions it as a pro for this model, so that's promising).

Being from a brand I like based on daily experience with my work monitor cemented the deal. The only disappointing part is no 4k, but I need to upgrade and simply can't stretch the budget that far, so something had to give. A 25" screen that I sit 24" away from doesn't exactly make it a requirement.

Bentp2019

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
I'd say I LOVE this display! The impressive color and picture quality are just as the seller stated. It also does a great job in FPS. I played Cod warzone on it. It's a decent quality monitor for the price, you'll find out soon🆒