Question Benq EX3501R - random corrupts display, need to turn off to reset?

Sep 1, 2022
I've had this monitor a while (past warranty) but I'm finding every so often the display randomly corrupts, see image on Amazon photo link: corruption. Fixing is only possible with a power cycle, then its fine. But that's annoying mid-meeting or game of course. I wonder if anyone ever had this? I'm using a multi-monitor setup from a laptop, so can't be sure if its related to this or a monitor fault.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By power cycling, you're referring to the monitor alone or the laptop as well? If the latter, then the issue might very well be a corruption with your laptop's GPU or the drivers for said GPU in laptop. You can likewise try and hook up another monitor and see if the issue persists. On another note, try and work with one external panel and see if the issue persists.

I'm using a multi-monitor setup from a laptop
Please elaborate. Are you using a hub?

Sep 1, 2022
thanks, sorry yes lacking some detail..

Its a Dell XPS15 9500 laptop - using a USB-C to USB-C direct connection (no hub). When I said multi-monitor that incorrect - more correctly i only have one external display, along-side using the laptop display. The laptop display never corrupts.

Basically if i just turn off the Benq display then turn back on, the corruption is gone. I don't need to reset the laptop.