[SOLVED] BenQ GL2480E 24"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2020
Recently got this monitor it says it’s a 60/75hz wondering what this means and if I can someone change it to run at only 60hz for my PS4 Or of it just does it automatically and if this is okay for a PS4 and won’t cause screen tearing thanks

Solution
Hz means the number of times the image is refreshed on the screen. So 60Hz means it can effectively display in 60 frames per second. 75Hz means it can also refresh the image 75 frames per second. The difference between the two is very subtle, so you probably won't notice the difference between the two.

Some monitors allow you to change the Hz frequency in their settings, so you have to read up on the manual. Since a regular PS4 rarely goes above 60 fps, you should default your monitor settings to 60Hz. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

For a PS4, you have to go into your settings to enable V-Sync or enable it in the game, however many users have been saying that it hinders performance.

mangaman

Honorable
Hz means the number of times the image is refreshed on the screen. So 60Hz means it can effectively display in 60 frames per second. 75Hz means it can also refresh the image 75 frames per second. The difference between the two is very subtle, so you probably won't notice the difference between the two.

Some monitors allow you to change the Hz frequency in their settings, so you have to read up on the manual. Since a regular PS4 rarely goes above 60 fps, you should default your monitor settings to 60Hz. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

For a PS4, you have to go into your settings to enable V-Sync or enable it in the game, however many users have been saying that it hinders performance.

Reactions: Glennwood97
Solution
Apr 20, 2020
No worries thanks I know a little bit about it just can’t seem to set it to 60 or 75hz so dunno if it just works automatically and was just wanting to make sure it isn’t to much for my PS4 and do you recommend v-sync

mangaman

Honorable
No worries thanks I know a little bit about it just can’t seem to set it to 60 or 75hz so dunno if it just works automatically and was just wanting to make sure it isn’t to much for my PS4 and do you recommend v-sync

If it was connected to a computer, then you would have the option to set it to either 60Hz or 75Hz. Since the base model PS4 barely reaches 60 fps in any games, I do believe it just stays at 60Hz.

I don't have a PS4, but other users have recommended not to enable it as it degrades performance. It's your call if you want to enable it or not. If it does decrease performance, I would leave it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.