BenQ GL2760H ghosting - fix or return it?

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I seem to have on my new monitor this trailing and ghosting issue. I have tried:

Reinstall gpu drivers
unplug everything
restart
Switch cables

Its only 5 days old. I can confirm it is the monitor as my pc has no issue with another monitor. I also used another pc with the new monitor, and the same issue. I found a monitor setting, "AMA" disabling It mostly removed the ghosting, but added a sort of subtle but noticeable choppyness.

Should I return this, or will the replacement still have this? Will I have to live with the trailing? I wish there was a fix, as I dont know what the troubles of shipping it back will be.
Thanks.

Solution
Turn off Ama in the BenQ Monitor Settings.....!

Reinstall gpu drivers
unplug everything
restart
Switch cables

Its only 5 days old. I can confirm it is the monitor as my pc has no issue with another monitor. I also used another pc with the new monitor, and the same issue. I found a monitor setting, "AMA" disabling It mostly removed the ghosting, but added a sort of subtle but noticeable choppyness.

Should I return this, or will the replacement still have this? Will I have to live with the trailing? I wish there was a fix, as I dont know what the troubles of shipping it back will be.
Thanks.[/quotemsg]

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I have tried another pc, and the same issue persists. I have a second hdmi cable which I will try.

The monitor is advertised as having 2ms. This AMA feature has plenty videos on YouTube regarding ghosting. Will tgis issue be accepeted as defect and will be accepted to a full refund?

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
Sorry for any poor grammar, using android.

Heres a full list of what I have done:

Tried VGA, DVI I, HDMi with my own PC with the GL2760h
reset settings to factory on the monitor
tried a different monitor, a HP one, no ghosting occured
tried a different PC on the gl2760h, ghosting/trailing occured

Should this confirm the monitor is defected?

toosteep2

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
Was it send back and fixed? I have the same problem with ghosting with my recently purchased BenQ GL2760H. Its really bad with AMA on. In games during night when looking at the moon and moving side to side it looks like the moon has a 1/4" black blur trailing it. With AMA off, its not as bad but I can still see a light trail instead. This occurs with a DVI or HDMI cable.

If they won't fix this I may just get a refund.

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I got a replacement via amazon back after a week. They said they got the package, but nothing about the issue. (Return I sent)

The second monitor has the same issue. Visuals such as the moon and sun can look really distorted due to this.

Bryce 360

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Turn off Ama in the BenQ Monitor Settings.....!

Reinstall gpu drivers
unplug everything
restart
Switch cables

Thanks.[/quotemsg]

Solution