Benq GW2270 flickering and screentearing, overclock possible?

DoubleIka

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
I recently bought the Benq GW2270 HDMI 1080p monitor. At the time I couldn't afford any better however I have noticed in some games than run above 60fps, such as counter strike GO, there is a large amount of screen tearing and also when moving between brighter colours there seems to be some fading going on. this is especially noticeable when scrolling between bright pictures or when moving quickly around in game. This issue is less noticeable for games such as GTA V which runs around 60fps however in counter strike the monitor seems to be unable to keep up at all and is making playing the game difficult. My last monitor was a HP Compaw LA1905wg which I got for free of a friend which ran at 60hz as the same is with this monitor.
Could this be due to the response time of my monitor or the fact it runs at 60hz in which case would I be able to over clock it to fix the issue?
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!
UPDATE: The fading seems to be on red images or bright images in high contrast to the background, I would appreciate any advice or help, thank you
Specs:
R9 380 connected to 3 monitors, 1 of which is not always online.
16GB RAM
AMD A8-6600K APU

How dark are the shades?

The flicker you explained happens when there are a lot of dark shades of grey to black. It only happens with some monitors, but not all. For instance, VA TV's don't have it at all, where as monitors are obviously not as high end, but have gotten a lot better over the years.

You could try overclocking, it won't harm your monitor or your PC in any way. Just make sure the cable you're using is capable of higher than 1920x1080 60, otherwise it won't work. Also do a quick frame skip test after overclocking, use a camera with a manual shutter speed to verify it's a stable overclock.

DoubleIka

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
Hi. It is very noticeable on the steam page which consists of lots of dark blues. The monitor apparently has a 3000:1 Native Contrast Ratio and 8 bit colour if that helps.