BenQ GW2480 vs Dell U2414H

Mar 14, 2018
I am looking for a budget monitor to get for a dual monitor setup. It doesn't need to be super fancy, just a basic monitor for some gaming (not competitive, mostly single player role play games like TSE series, Witcher Series, Dragon Age, etc.) I would also be doing some photo and video editing, music production, and some other productivity things with them. I'd like for a very minimal bezel in the monitors to improve immersion in the experience. I also am planning on putting RGBlights behind the monitors to provide back lighting at night time to reduce eye strain, so it would be preferable that there is a powered USB port on the monitor, however this is not a huge deal breaker if not. VESA mount is a must!! Which of these would be best for my needs, or does anybody have any other suggestions? I'd like the price for each individual monitor to be between $150-$200 but would be open to a slightly higher price if there are other options that would work better. Thank you for your help!!

imStorm3r

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
These 2 monitors are pretty similar. The specs are pretty much the same and both of them have thin bezels and VESA 100x100mm.
The BenQ is cheaper than the DELL, but the DELL has 4x USB 3.0 ports. Will you be willing to pay ~$40 more for the USB ports? If no, I would suggest the BenQ. And I would like to point out that both of those monitors have flicker free screens so they would protect your eyes from that irritating flicker.

Mar 14, 2018

I would prefer to pay the extra for the USB ports so that I can hook up RGB strips for back lighting during late night use. Do you know if the USB ports on the Dell monitors are powered? Thanks again!

imStorm3r

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017

Yes, but I think only one of them is.

Mar 14, 2018

Ok, I think that I will go with the Dell then, unless you know of another option that would be better. Thank you so much for your help.