Benq GW2765HT 27" 1440p white balance/ color temperature issue

qwoz

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Hello, just got a Benq 27" 1440p screen from Jet.com. Turns out this thing is refurbished, which was not advertised. What I have noticed is the left side and right side of the screen are displaying slightly different color hues. For example, with a completely white background the left side of the screen displays slightly pink, and the right side slightly blue. None of the color settings fixes this, and It remains the same when I switch between HDMI and DVI. It is only really noticeable with a bright white background, but definitely appears to be a defect and it is present enough that I can't get my mind off of it.

Question is, this something that is common among IPS panels, or is this a definite defect that could be remedied by getting a replacement of the same model? Please note I don't think it is related to backlight bleed because it is not at all noticeable when the screen is displaying black.

Needless to say, I am not happy with jet.com and will not be ordering from them again. Should have been a new product, and they sent me refurbished.

Edit: also just found out that the DVI port doesn't work... displays an extremely blurry image even after adjusted to native resolution.

Solution
Send the monitor back and get a refund. Even the defective DVI port is enough to warrant it.

One of the major points of an IPS panel is to provide colour accuracy, which this one obviously doesn't.