BenQ monitor, no sound.

Highcrusader

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Recently rolled back to Windows 7 x64 (from Windows 10) after my computer could see connections to the internet but not actually connect. Now everything works well, but my monitor, a BenQ GL2760-T, has no sound through either HDMI or DisplayPort. It's possibly a problem with my drivers - I cannot for the life of me find a place to safely download BenQ drivers. Under monitors, my monitor comes up as BenQ GW2765, an incorrect monitor. Not sure if related. Anyone know of anything to check, or where to get a malware free BenQ driver?

Update:
Hey! I figured it out. 3 hours into trying to solve this issue, I make this post and then solve it five minutes later. As much as my speakers were playing sound, I found a listing with a ! in my Device Manager, under Other Devices, not normally listed. It wouldn't tell me what it was, but after auto updating, it came up as NVIDIA high definition audio, and immediately fixed my issue. Go figure. I'd still love to hear if anyone knows where to get BenQ drivers or if they're even necessary/ a thing.

Solution
In general modern screens do not generally need a drive since they are plug and play.

Your video card most likely already knows what screen you have and all its capabilities. I would not worry about the name thing, it is programmed into the screen. They may have just used the same screen in a different case.

2011254.jpg

All a driver would do is give the monitor a name. Most monitors come with a CD and a driver for the monitor.

Highcrusader

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Hey! I figured it out. 3 hours into trying to solve this issue, I make this post and then solve it five minutes later. As much as my speakers were playing sound, I found a listing with a ! in my Device Manager, under Other Devices, not normally listed. It wouldn't tell me what it was, but after auto updating, it came up as NVIDIA high definition audio, and immediately fixed my issue. Go figure. If anyone knows where to get BenQ drivers, I'd still love to know (or hear if they're not necessary). Thanks!

In general modern screens do not generally need a drive since they are plug and play.

Your video card most likely already knows what screen you have and all its capabilities. I would not worry about the name thing, it is programmed into the screen. They may have just used the same screen in a different case.

2011254.jpg

All a driver would do is give the monitor a name. Most monitors come with a CD and a driver for the monitor.

Solution