• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

BenQ or Samsung...

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Since I had no replies so far int the CE section, I'll try here 8O

Well, since I use my computers for image and video works and I'm spending a lot more time int the pc than I used to, I need to let go of this samsung 172V and buy a better one.

I want a cheap 20'' lcd and I´m between the Samsung 205BW and the BenQ FP202W.
I wasn´t able to find any samsung review, and THG says that the BenQ can be a little crappy. I do a little gaming as well and I hope that someone can push me towards one of these lcds.
I know I won't get a good IQ as my 20 ''apple has, but for 350€ I want the best one.

Thanks in advance

PS: Viewsonic lcds are very expensive in Portugal, so these are excluded.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
But I can´t make a purchase based on that.

My first 20'' apple had 44 burned pixels and they replaced it in two weeks.
This Syncmaster 172v has almost 3 years and never gave me any problems.

But when compared, this samsung sucks in image quality. :(

boong

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Both the Samsung 205BW and the BenQ FP202W are TN-Panels, which makes them the worst kind of TFTs for your "image and video" work.
I guess you have to do a little more research and look for PVA and MVA (and IPS and so on.. everything is better than TN) panels. I think you might even have to scale down a bit and consider a 5:4 19" panel as they're are a lot cheaper than good 20" widescreen panels (considering your budget).

Or just get a big CRT. :wink:

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Well, I don´t understand much of monitor's technology, but there had to be something...350€ it's nothing for a good lcd.
But the problems I find in 19'' panels it's the 1280x1024 resolution, and photoshop work would be a lot harder I think (when it comes to pixel per pixel work).
Thanks for your replies