BenQ or Samsung...

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Since I had no replies so far int the CE section, I'll try here 8O

Well, since I use my computers for image and video works and I'm spending a lot more time int the pc than I used to, I need to let go of this samsung 172V and buy a better one.

I want a cheap 20'' lcd and I´m between the Samsung 205BW and the BenQ FP202W.
I wasn´t able to find any samsung review, and THG says that the BenQ can be a little crappy. I do a little gaming as well and I hope that someone can push me towards one of these lcds.
I know I won't get a good IQ as my 20 ''apple has, but for 350€ I want the best one.

Thanks in advance

PS: Viewsonic lcds are very expensive in Portugal, so these are excluded.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
But I can´t make a purchase based on that.

My first 20'' apple had 44 burned pixels and they replaced it in two weeks.
This Syncmaster 172v has almost 3 years and never gave me any problems.

But when compared, this samsung sucks in image quality. :(

boong

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Both the Samsung 205BW and the BenQ FP202W are TN-Panels, which makes them the worst kind of TFTs for your "image and video" work.
I guess you have to do a little more research and look for PVA and MVA (and IPS and so on.. everything is better than TN) panels. I think you might even have to scale down a bit and consider a 5:4 19" panel as they're are a lot cheaper than good 20" widescreen panels (considering your budget).

Or just get a big CRT. :wink:

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Well, I don´t understand much of monitor's technology, but there had to be something...350€ it's nothing for a good lcd.
But the problems I find in 19'' panels it's the 1280x1024 resolution, and photoshop work would be a lot harder I think (when it comes to pixel per pixel work).
Thanks for your replies